ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Looking good Jojo. :))

Pity your fiance right now, bet you didnt even notice that she's around anymore :P

Or are you now engaged to little miss american indian?

So, how does it sound out of the box? With the RS1?

Maybe now not the right time since you'll probably heard nothing but sweetness with your new toy.

Let us know once you settled in. :grin:

Jojo, finally your rig is completed. :party:

Not exactly I think, should have lots of cable changing and switching in the near future since the new ones have not be tested for compatibility on his apache. should have a few more rounds of powercord and IC swaps :grin::grin::grin: Further, he hasn't even tapped into the balanced cable route, not to mention ALL the 3rd party alternatives that's available now. Suddenly got so many cable builders offering replacements on Headfi. :shocking:

hi :D

back from months

was a victim of the white van scam few days back. how stupid of me :cry:

[attachmentid=4183]

[attachmentid=4184]

but i think they sound ok for my room ^_^

post-3628-1251128336_thumb.jpg

post-3628-1251128360_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the thumbs-up guys. I think you all know how long I really wanted to get an Apache. ^_^

Looking good Jojo. :))

Pity your fiance right now, bet you didnt even notice that she's around anymore :P

Or are you now engaged to little miss american indian?

So, how does it sound out of the box? With the RS1?

Maybe now not the right time since you'll probably heard nothing but sweetness with your new toy.

Let us know once you settled in. :grin:

Not exactly I think, should have lots of cable changing and switching in the near future since the new ones have not be tested for compatibility on his apache. should have a few more rounds of powercord and IC swaps :grin::grin::grin: Further, he hasn't even tapped into the balanced cable route, not to mention ALL the 3rd party alternatives that's available now. Suddenly got so many cable builders offering replacements on Headfi. :shocking:

Waah! Jig a mind reader. i found a bug in my power chords. I lost some dynamics and the BASS was VERY loose. Blame it on someone hands too itchy to change to a more expensive PC. :whistle:

Just finished operation back to Audio Agile from Z1. Now everything back to normal.

Initial impressions wasn't good. due to the loose bass and it was just too black that I lost mids making dynamics suffer a LOT. After the switch I smiled again. The speed is what you would expect on RSA even on portables. The SLAM is just intoxicating. Tried PS1 a while ago and my jaw just dropped. If I can say the Apache and PS1 is something to die for. The Apache just controls that BASS and hits you back with a Big Ummpphh.. Now if the PS1 was mine. :cry:

On the HD800. The blackness just amazes me. You can now pin point the 2nd voice and even finger snaps from the instruments be it cymbals.

The HD800 is opening up a bit. but still not there yet. using medium gain now at 10 o'clock. Might try high gain tomorrow.

Will try RS1 later. Can't remove HD800 for a while. :whistle:

Using cardas golden Cross until tomorrow then might switch to my Nordost frey to see the difference. :think:

On a side note. My Fiancee likes the New rig. the reason i couldn't post earlier. She hogged the PC with my HD800. had to watch TV for a while. :bash: My fiancee has her own macbook she just wanted to listen to Lady Gaga. :thumbup:

Edited by jojo_b2

hi :D

back from months

was a victim of the white van scam few days back. how stupid of me :cry:

but i think they sound ok for my room ^_^

hi, what speakers are those? Monitor Audio??

those van scam still active?? gosh!!

how much u paid for ??

how much u paid for ??

ORiX CY3300

paid 300 for floorstanders, surrounds and center.

well maybe its about time i send my older floorstanders to my uncle. his Mordaunt Short bookshelf speakers are in a bad shape already. not forgetting they have to power a huge living room.

haven't tried the surrounds and center yet. maybe fixing them to the AV amp in the living room some time soon.

those vans are still around yea :angry:

how much u paid for ??

Not monitor audio lah but there are quite a few unknown brands that they are pushing. They usually bull sh*t you by saying that their boss brought in too much stock or that they wanna tekan their b*stard boss and sell off his stock at loss or that the speakers are water goods or some bull. The average price for their 5.1 is somewhere between $300-$500. There's a thread on this, other threads also have. I have been approached a few times too, just told them I'm not interested or that I already have. But then if you not audiophile or into AV equipment, they do "look" ok but haven't heard how they sound. My brother got conned into buying a set from a friend's friend's shop. Gave him the "too much stock, need to clear" kind of bull. He told me he got a good deal from a friend and showed me the speakers. When I saw it I told him he kenna conned liao. He paid about $500 for them. But its hard to resist given that they do look good enough for the price. Dunno how they sound though.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1705581

Waah! Jig a mind reader.

:crazy:

Now if the PS1 was mine. :cry:

I "thought" its yours?? erm... ours?? :grin:

Edited by jig_sg

few years back they were selling this brand EKO on the streets. i got those EKO floorstanders from secondhand vendor for like 60. those were new but the build was kinda awful like shortage of glue. i had to apply loads of glue from the inside, line damper sponge in the cabinet, redesign the crossovers and some other i cant recall what.

the Orix one are build far better. no prob with them so far. soon maybe appearing at secondhand shops.

just took my grado out from its box. been sleeping for months. the donuts laohong already and shredding.... <_<

few years back they were selling this brand EKO on the streets. i got those EKO floorstanders from secondhand vendor for like 60. those were new but the build was kinda awful like shortage of glue. i had to apply loads of glue from the inside, line damper sponge in the cabinet, redesign the crossovers and some other i cant recall what.

the Orix one are build far better. no prob with them so far. soon maybe appearing at secondhand shops.

just took my grado out from its box. been sleeping for months. the donuts laohong already and shredding.... <_<

Sad to think that there are still persons running the white van stuff. :no:

For the donuts, a visit to Stereo or Jaben you should have new donuts on those Grados soon. :thumbup: