ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Bro, finding them might not be a problem if I can find the contact of the store which I bought my 6SH7GT in matched quad from. It so rare that is almost extinct but surprisingly they've plenty! If you're interested, just PM me.

Edited by ical

:drool: anymore lobang for this?

:smoke: its quite uncommon and its the only pair i managed to get. i saw a quad before but that was last year in china, which i didnt take cuz i didnt agree on the price.

maybe ical can help you :o

i've not run in the tubes yet to test their sonics.. and may be putting them into my collection instead..

:smoke: its quite uncommon and its the only pair i managed to get. i saw a quad before but that was last year in china, which i didnt take cuz i didnt agree on the price.

maybe ical can help you :o

i've not run in the tubes yet to test their sonics.. and may be putting them into my collection instead..

neutralzz: Are you using any equipment that uses that ultra rare tubes? Or keeping it to see the price rise in the future? :grin:

Hope this help. US$9 each. :party:

http://www.dbtubes.com/en/home.html

tungsol mesh? if its 9 euro each i'll buy 50 in to keep :D

neutralzz: Are you using any equipment that uses that ultra rare tubes? Or keeping it to see the price rise in the future? :grin:

just adding to my collection, as i'm doing quite a bit of DIY, so good tubes come in handy when i build pre-amps. i collect resistors too, i.e. shinkoh, holco, allen bradley.

as for keeping them as an investment.. i dont know :o that never came to mind.. hmm..

tungsol mesh? if its 9 euro each i'll buy 50 in to keep :D

Don't be surprise that they might have it. Just email them to check. Fyi, the best 6SJ7GT is still Sylvania. :smoke:

Edited by ical

Fyi, the best 6SJ7GT is still Sylvania. :smoke:

Wait a minute... I have those... :whistle:

Kinda prefer the Tung Sol mesh and the Jan-Phillips 6SJ7WGT to the Sylvania, tho' I haven't conducted an in-depth comparison between the 3 yet...

What is it about the Sylvania that you like?

Don't be surprise that they might have it. Just email them to check. Fyi, the best 6SJ7GT is still Sylvania. :smoke:

will email them.

its all subjective though, i prefer phillips 6sj7gt over the sylvania, and none of the metal shelled versions. this is despite the jan phillips having a below par construction which results in slight microphony.

however this is only spoken in the context of the synergy/complimentarity between 6sj7 and my preferred 2a3 monoplate/2a3 shuguang in application.

Wait a minute... I have those... :whistle:

Kinda prefer the Tung Sol mesh and the Jan-Phillips 6SJ7WGT to the Sylvania, tho' I haven't conducted an in-depth comparison between the 3 yet...

What is it about the Sylvania that you like?

It is known for it's detail and transparency thought Tungsol is warmer. Heard it with JAS Audio Bravo 2.3 some time back. Of course, the synergy with amp is the most important.

Edited by ical

ai, just about to post :blush:

can't resist the great deal. now enter another darkhole..... :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Stax SRM-T1

IPB Image

Stax SRM-T1 + HE60 (courtesy of jig_sg)

IPB Image

Stax SR-404 Limited

IPB Image

ai, just about to post :blush:

can't resist the great deal. now enter another darkhole..... :sweat::sweat::sweat:

You've join the Sith!

I had the idea of getting the omega last night :cry: but I dont know how much they cost locally