ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

errrr...finally succumbed to all the talk about vinyl in this thread...so decided to give it a spin (no pun intended). Bought an entry level, easy to use Denon DP-300F...high-end audiophiles will probably snigger at this product but due to space and budget constraints decided to get this...it comes with an in-built phono stage and thus can be directly plugged into any headphone amps. It comes with attached line out rca and power cables. Very easy to set up too.

IPB Image

And the sound...wow...it really kick ass; this budget turntable is surprisingly good. Bought my favourite Queen album (news of the world) from Roxy and compared to the CD of this album, the vinyl wins hands down; so much fuller and warmer...and the bass is unbelievable.

that's a lovely sounding deck.

who cares what audiophools think?

there is never a doubt that a well setup vinyl frontend will trounce the CD.

@Ito...ha, ha...no...not selling my 740c anytime soon...still using it since I have quite a few CDs.

Thanks, sghound...it is indeed a good TT for the price. Ease of use is a plus too...it is fully automatic.

nvm nvm kachui,i am going tolook for new CDP soon,might just whack it new from shop..thinking of going the diva cdp too but then,there is no more mongoose,unless i am able to find it in 2nd hand market and i need to get qicone,also have to look for them..diva cdp,everything have to get from 2nd hand market or buy from steve le.

that is why i am thinking of getting the cambridge 740c as i do not need the balanced output.so yah..

Ito, the 740C new is around 1.3k...may be lower now. The Denon TT is only 1/3 of the price...maybe you wanna go that way. :grin:

i also bought about 200 CDs now..difficult to convert actually..but i do have a turntable coming in soon which will be a Linn Sondek LP12 with Naim ARO tonearm installed..from my uncle and about 100 classical vinyl for my 21st bday..hope i am not poisoned..

wooo thats affordable. . nothing fancy too heh. where abouts did u get yours kachui?

Got it from Alpha.

i also bought about 200 CDs now..difficult to convert actually..but i do have a turntable coming in soon which will be a Linn Sondek LP12 with Naim ARO tonearm installed..from my uncle and about 100 classical vinyl for my 21st bday..hope i am not poisoned..

The poison is already slowly seeping in....

i hope not bah..vinyl are expensive no? mine come with Naim Armageddon power supply too i heard..when it come in i will post some picture..it is going with bluesky diva amp and PSB Imagine T

Edited by ito

is difficult not to be poisoned by Linn Sondek LP12 + Naim ARO tonearm unless the TT or cartridge is faulty. this is one of the killer TT imo :drool: and yes, Linn LP12 (not only Linn) play classical very very well!

vinyl is not so expensive on normal pressed unless you are into Audiophild pressing.

my uncle giving me the gramaphon vinyl..are those normal pressed?have to learn alot sia..he bought the set back in 2002 and have upgraded..but to be frank,i have not try any turntable setup yet..issit really omg that kind of upgrade?i bought 200CDs leh..spend quite alot of $$,dun tellme i have to come vinyl and spend another sum of money..cannot man..

is difficult not to be poisoned by Linn Sondek LP12 + Naim ARO tonearm unless the TT or cartridge is faulty. this is one of the killer TT imo :drool: and yes, Linn LP12 (not only Linn) play classical very very well!

vinyl is not so expensive on normal pressed unless you are into Audiophild pressing.

There are a couple of stalls at the Jalan Besar flea market selling second hand vinyl...going for $1 to $5. Can find some gems there if patient enough...seen a friend picking up really good albums from there.

Got it from Alpha.

The poison is already slowly seeping in....

Hi Kachui, that means you bought the Denon TT new? Which Alpha outlet did you go to? From what you described, it can be connected directly into any input on any amp right? Thanks.

my uncle giving me the gramaphon vinyl..are those normal pressed?have to learn alot sia..he bought the set back in 2002 and have upgraded..but to be frank,i have not try any turntable setup yet..issit really omg that kind of upgrade?i bought 200CDs leh..spend quite alot of $$,dun tellme i have to come vinyl and spend another sum of money..cannot man..

hmm... if the overall sound is impressive, u'll have omg that kind of "Wow" !!

otherwise you'll need some time to get use on the new sound.

first thing should be the smoothness, then no edgy, follow by musical, soundstage, body, punch, ambiance, details & mirco details..... let you get more involve with the music...

if there's a CDP to compare on the spot, you will know immediately, what are the difference.