ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

A small upgrade...

Received the Solo Ultra-Linear DIY module this afternoon...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Solo Ultra-Linear vs Solo SRG I

IPB Image

IPB Image

my one and only rig. home and outdoor ( outdoor as in libraries , bus , during study )

d2000 with wooden cups and a little dynamat.

shame you cant really see the beauty of the wood with camera.

i did the whole mod myself and realise it was too dead so i did 1/4 of the mod. As for the wooden cups when i put the dynamat mark gave it it actually covered the whole cup. And it sounded like the cups were made by the dynamat itself. When i took it out and only damp 4 corners to control the "over tones" it sounded awesome! Esp when i heard a rim shot its as if i could feel the wood resonating along with the snare :D nice nice haha

im looking for a desktop amp to pair with this, budget one ? any recommendation? around 400

EDIT: got a better pic[attachmentid=4612]

post-4739-1289325189_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fir3dp

Guest crumple_r

my one and only rig. home and outdoor ( outdoor as in libraries , bus , during study )

d2000 with wooden cups and a little dynamat.

shame you cant really see the beauty of the wood with camera.

i did the whole mod myself and realise it was too dead so i did 1/4 of the mod. As for the wooden cups when i put the dynamat mark gave it it actually covered the whole cup. And it sounded like the cups were made by the dynamat itself. When i took it out and only damp 4 corners to control the "over tones" it sounded awesome! Esp when i heard a rim shot its as if i could feel the wood resonating along with the snare :D nice nice haha

im looking for a desktop amp to pair with this, budget one ? any recommendation? around 400

EDIT: got a better pic

Budget desktop amp, NuForce HDP? Plenty of power and more than decent sound! :) I'm using it personally. Even drives the HE-6s to ear-splitting levels! :))

So quiet here...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Now I have my very own fireplace for Christmas. :D

Special thanks to alamakazam for helping me with the power cables and reterminating my HD800. We were quite surprised at how crappy the stock cable is.

Just unpacked from storage and setup up in my office today.

Media Player: iTune with lossless format

Source: Music Streamer II+

Amp: WA6 (PDPS & Princess Sophia Rectifier tube)

Headphone: HD800

Interconnect: Anti-IC

The rest of cables are generic found in the office but will look into upgrading them plus some isolation devices later.

The sound is full bodied even with the HD800, which is a good start (I hate thin edgy sound).

I think dynamics is good but I'm sure can be a improved with the upgrades mentioned.

post-4405-1296116845_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonq

Hi all bros, my humble set up as follows (pardon if photo quality is poor):

iPhone 4 --> Beyerdynamic DTX 80

MacBook Pro 13" (lossless music & AAC)--> HRT Music Streamer DAC --> WireWorld Luna 6 IC --> Pro-ject Headbox II --> Grado SR325is / Audio Technica ATH-ES7

Coming soon --> Audioquest Forest USB cable

post-5250-1298565116_thumb.jpg

Edited by dora-motor