ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

By any chance you know the person soundsync. :think: lol!

Hope o see you when you visit again! :beer:

You can look at Acrolink 4030 or Oyaide Tunami(Eric and Kachui owned them). Available at Audio Basic. Owner Steven do offer home trial for regular customer. Kachui is close to him so get him to help you to borrow and try if it matches your rig. 4030 is the one that Kidult mentioned which has very good bass.

Went down to Eric's place yesterday. (Thanks Eric! :grin: )

Tried out his Oyaide Tunami and Black Sands power cords. Frankly before this I was at best a skeptic. Now I'm a total believer. And Eric was v nice to not say anything before I developed my impressions, so I don't really think I imagined them since it more or less coincided with his. Those 2 really added the icing on his already nice rig.

Edited by peanutbutterjam

Went down to Eric's place yesterday. (Thanks Eric! :grin: )

Tried out his Oyaide Tunami and Black Sands power cords. Frankly before this I was at best a skeptic. Now I'm a total believer. And Eric was v nice to not say anything before I developed my impressions, so I don't really think I imagined them since it more or less coincided with his. Those 2 really added the icing on his already nice rig.

@PBJ

Actually eric's the one who poisoned me the 1st time. You saw how the volume increase and the sound opened up. :drool:

Will you be buying with me. loL! :whistle:

@PBJ

Actually eric's the one who poisoned me the 1st time. You saw how the volume increase and the sound opened up. :drool:

Will you be buying with me. loL! :whistle:

Yeah it was really scary. I always thought that any improvements, if any at all, would be minute as tweaks usually goes. But no, this was really something else. Changing the power cords had more effect that changing some interconnects.

But its really an issue with matching. It seems like icing on the cake, it won't make a lousy cake taste nice, but it would certainly make a good cake out of the world. And you need to find the right flavour of icing for the right cake.

But no, can't get them yet, cause I haven't got a DAC yet, so no point getting it if I can't match my equipment properly. Which one are you thinking of getting btw? You might want to give a go at the belden 83803, I found it pretty good too, though it didn't really fit Eric's stuff as well as his current set did. Cheap too.

hehe

well glad u now r one of believers... :D

powercords affect the bass and highs and soundsignature in many mystery ways....

keep experiment and finding with the correct match with it and pairing with certain headcans...

now i think u should have an idea on which dac u r looking for... :thumbup:

I was surprised too how a power cord could affect a system so much when I first tried an entry level audiophile power cord in place of the stock cable. Was told by an audiophile friend what a good power cord does is not "making" the system better, but more of removing the restrictions on the system to bring out its true potential...whatever that means... :rclxub:

I was surprised too how a power cord could affect a system so much when I first tried an entry level audiophile power cord in place of the stock cable. Was told by an audiophile friend what a good power cord does is not "making" the system better, but more of removing the restrictions on the system to bring out its true potential...whatever that means... :rclxub:

I guess he meant that like makeup it doesn't make an auntie a hottie but it makes a pretty girl a miss universe? :grin:

Eric's DAC gave me something to think about. I liked the way that the upsampling modes and the output stages can be played with. If it had USB inputs it would have been way perfect.

One thing about power cables is that they tend to come in US plugs, and that the UK plugs have less space for thickly shielded cables. Do you guys use an adapter for US plugs or do they come in UK plug styles?

I personally bought a markgrant cable to use for now... but man, I want to try some of the good stuff too.

Ha, ha...good analogy, peanutbutterjam.

I use adapter for US plugs but I know many who change their wall sockets to US sockets.

Ha, ha...good analogy, peanutbutterjam.

I use adapter for US plugs but I know many who change their wall sockets to US sockets.

Many ppl just get a power distributor with US sockets.

I guess he meant that like makeup it doesn't make an auntie a hottie but it makes a pretty girl a miss universe? :grin:

Eric's DAC gave me something to think about. I liked the way that the upsampling modes and the output stages can be played with. If it had USB inputs it would have been way perfect.

@PBJ

If you can stay away from USB inputs the Better. USB is usually limited by the transmitted size of data I bilieve its 16bits/Word which usually caps out to as opposed to the standard 24bit/word you can get out of Digital connetions. I saw a dac that accepts 32 bit/word 's. lol! :blink:

The idea is the more the information the better the DAC should be able to extrapolate the correct sampling value. But I cannot conclude the bigger the sampled value the better it is on my dac magic the max 96khz seems to be ok. But on Some Dacs at 192khz even though the Dac can go much higher this is because the music tend to have TOO MUCH details. :rclxub:

Regarding the Power cables. I am trying to get one that can provide me even deeper bass. Looking at the cables that Eric has and if budget pemits might try an Acrolink 3040. :party:

@PBJ

Regarding the Power cables. I am trying to get one that can provide me even deeper bass. Looking at the cables that Eric has and if budget pemits might try an Acrolink 3040. :party:

You mean 4030?

According to Steven at Audio Basic, the Tunami is more dynamic and the 4030 more refined/detailed.

Thanks for correcting me it's indeed 4030.

http://oohlins.blogspot.com/2007/05/acrolink-oyaide.html

From what I've googled, some people do get punchy BASS. Anyway, the only thing I can do is try it out sometime. :think:

For the mean time, Eric gave me the chance to try his cables on my Rig. He is a very generous (poisonous) man. lol! :sweat:

Edited by jojo_b2

One thing about power cables is that they tend to come in US plugs, and that the UK plugs have less space for thickly shielded cables. Do you guys use an adapter for US plugs or do they come in UK plug styles?

I personally bought a markgrant cable to use for now... but man, I want to try some of the good stuff too.

Another reason for US plug is the cheap fuse in UK plug degrade sound. And UK plug that can fit in thick cable like those from Furutech is also not cheap. I used to own the FI-UK1363(G). Still find that the US plug is better.

http://www.furutech.com/a2008/product2.asp?prodNo=227

You guys should also consider charging to US wall outlet. The improvement is more than changing powercord. Presently I'm using the Oyaide R1 which works very well. Total cost with plate is less than $200. Very easy to do it yourself. Takes me about 10mins to fix.

http://www.oyaide.com/e_audio/audio_products_files/r1.html

IPB Image

Welcome to the dark side. :grin:

There's some cable that can really change a auntie to a Miss Universe, but they cost a bomb. Example is the Acrolink Mexcel 7N-PC9100.

http://www.highfidelity.pl/!ev/artykul...1_2009/kts.html

http://www.lotusgroupusa.com/Awards.htm

Edited by ical