ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Hahaha...ok maybe a little exaggeration :grin: ...close to a thousand maybe...

That's still a lot. Hello, where's your pic? This thread is for pictures, not words. :grin:

Edited by ical

Hahaha...ok maybe a little exaggeration :grin: ...close to a thousand maybe...

i just have 214 CDs as of now..have been spending on CDs for the pass 3 months..my amount of CDs actually went from 12 to 214..how much money i spend,i cannot count already.. :think::yawn: so early in the morning :wacko:

hmmmm, all suddenly going into TT nowaday, make me tempted to go into a decent home setup!

come on,CDP or DAC also can..just come home setup..blow the portable in pieces man..haha

Update on my rig...

Not an ideal place for the TT...but due to space constraints, will do for now...seems to work...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

:bash: Need a bigger pay cheque as welll...ha, ha.

Just got back from my uncle friend...this old sifu who has been in hifi since the 70's...

Learned how to accurately adjust the anti-skate on the TT from him...he came up with this method himself by using an old LD...since the LD has a smooth surface, the arm should not move when you rest the stylus on the LD...if it starts skating, it means the anti-skate is not adjusted properly. Try it on various spots on the LD, the outer, middle and the inner circle.

haha...just nice. my wife bought back some LD fm my in law's place yesterday. my in law thought those are LP :grin:

haha...just nice. my wife bought back some LD fm my in law's place yesterday. my in law thought those are LP :grin:

maybe leh... platinum & gold plated LPs... Very very rare! :P

i just have 214 CDs as of now..have been spending on CDs for the pass 3 months..my amount of CDs actually went from 12 to 214..how much money i spend,i cannot count already.. :think::yawn: so early in the morning :wacko:

come on,CDP or DAC also can..just come home setup..blow the portable in pieces man..haha

Well my CDs are collected over a period of about 20 years (since the late 80s)...Last time, used to have more classical CDs, buying from places like Pertama, Joo Huat, Song Ching, Chiang Huat, Beethoven, Sing, Sembawang (only one outlet then)...Last time, no Gramophone, no HMV, but we can get more classical CDs but also more expensive.

I still remember the first CD I bought after buying a Aiwa CD player - Gherswin's Rhapsody in Blue - from Pertama in Marina Center.

Then when I went overseas for study (Australia), also bought plenty. When started working, bought plenty also in Japan, Taiwan, China during my business trips. In other words, wherever I go, I look for CDs to buy :no: How much I spent, I dare not even estimate...

:bash: Need a bigger pay cheque as welll...ha, ha.

Just got back from my uncle friend...this old sifu who has been in hifi since the 70's...

Learned how to accurately adjust the anti-skate on the TT from him...he came up with this method himself by using an old LD...since the LD has a smooth surface, the arm should not move when you rest the stylus on the LD...if it starts skating, it means the anti-skate is not adjusted properly. Try it on various spots on the LD, the outer, middle and the inner circle.

What kind of isolation you putting under your TT?

alamak, i'm out dated...so many ppl are already into vinyl and electrostatic; while i am still using my old but royalty setup :blush:

IPB Image

As long as you are happy...

alamak, i'm out dated...so many ppl are already into vinyl and electrostatic; while i am still using my old but royalty setup :blush:

where got outdated wan?! not like fashion wat. :bash:

most importantly - ENJOY OURSELF B)

that amp really look nice :thumbup:

What kind of isolation you putting under your TT?

As long as you are happy...

I may be wrong but it sure looks like..... bluetac?

Er, its not you, its the "old guys" here going back to the old toys. :grin: I still young :P

I may be wrong but it sure looks like..... bluetac?

Hey...I like bluetac...very useful... :bash:

Anyway...using the TAOC TITE-25F insulator.

Decided to sacrifice comp table for the TT...

IPB Image

IPB Image