[attachmentid=4452]

[attachmentid=4453]

[attachmentid=4454]

[attachmentid=4455]

[attachmentid=4456]

[attachmentid=4457]

Cheers,

Welcome to the family bro! Your wallet has been warned... :shocking:

Very nice CD/Book-ends you have there :thumbup: May I know where you got them?

I recommend the ESW10 instead. It's limited edition so get it while still available before it gone for good.

Talking about Stax, you should hear it and judge for yourself. An audition tells a thousand words. I believe most here are very willing to offer an open house.

I second iCal's recommendation of the ESW10JPN - there may still be 1 or 2 more at Stereo if you hurry. Production has already stopped.

As for the Stax - do your wallet a favour and don't take up the offer for an open house...especially from a certain blondie... :rclxub:

ah gosh u guys have epic stuff. hmm i wld like to enquire the old birds here.. if i'm gna start a little room rig, should i opt for passive or active speakers? if passive, what amp and what speaker, if active, what speakers? hehe. also i think i will need a DAC as im using my laptop as source... any reco?

oh btw, budget would be about 1.5k to 1.8k for everything, and im looking to get 2.1 system for speaker as my room would be too small for 5.1 (sorta overkill to me) and if there are any leftover monies, i hope to invest in a little projector for movies with the sound system built. anyway, im not in a rush to purchase anything at all, so i just needa do some researching first. so if there are any future releases to look out for, do point me to em. =D

"I was a good kid

I wouldn't do you no harm

I was a nice kid

With a nice paper round

Forgive me any pain

I may have brung to you

With God's help I know

I'll always be near to you....."

extract fm "I Have Forgiven Jesus" Lyrics by Morrissey :P

nooooo dun be near to me... GO AWAY. BRING UR TT AND STAX AND WADEVA U HAVE AWAY FROM ME. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

may guan yin ma bless me. LOL. yay im no christian. no God for me.

"I was a good kid

I was a nice kid

With a nice paper round

Forgive me any pain

I may have brung to you

With God's help I know

Knn, don't know what you're saying. :doh: Can translate to Hokkien?

Edited by ical

"I was a good kid

I was a nice kid

With a nice paper round

Forgive me any pain

I may have brung to you

With God's help I know

wa si ho gin na

wa buay hai rie

wa si ho gin na

wu ji ehh zua

Forgive me any pain

I may have brung to you (apa ini? dunno how to translate)

wu seng tao ka chui

I'll always be near to you....." (tao ka chui lei, dunno how to translate)

LOL. i laughed crazily when i read that. haha. nice translation skills. youngsters like me need to learn more hokkien. lol.

anyway, help help? on my qn above =D

ah gosh u guys have epic stuff. hmm i wld like to enquire the old birds here.. if i'm gna start a little room rig, should i opt for passive or active speakers? if passive, what amp and what speaker, if active, what speakers? hehe. also i think i will need a DAC as im using my laptop as source... any reco?

oh btw, budget would be about 1.5k to 1.8k for everything, and im looking to get 2.1 system for speaker as my room would be too small for 5.1 (sorta overkill to me) and if there are any leftover monies, i hope to invest in a little projector for movies with the sound system built. anyway, im not in a rush to purchase anything at all, so i just needa do some researching first. so if there are any future releases to look out for, do point me to em. =D

wah piang, your list like making a cinema lei. can invite me to go watch moive liao :DD

Hmmm, i think for a room, it's good to go for a active one? Correct me if i am wrong. Unless you really have the cash to burn, then get those passive one.

My thinking is, get a DAC and a good pair of speaker, the rest will slowly come in. For DAC, the Maverick D1 is a good option. In fact, saving up more to get one also. Hopefully this year ang pao got increase. With the several option the Maverick D1 provide, you can connect another permanent source in there too. As for speaker, ehhh, I am not a pro here ahh, but why not get a headphone instead?

Beware, this forum has lots of other poison beside headphone. :grin: Previously, my intention here was for headphone but got mislead to other stuffs recently by some jokers who seem very friendly but are actually wolf in sheep skin. :bash:

Hahaha...then did you become "the boy who cried wolf"?

Nice Rigs guys. Wow! hope to meet you guys once another Headphone Meet Shows up. ! believe the next meet will be Totally Different :thumbup: due to the SIth Lords of TT and SE..X...ehem STAX going around. :no:

I am missing my rig still haven't set mine up since coming back from vacation. :cry: I will be moving house in a week so have to endure the pain of my PC out to a Go Vibe DAC. Lol! :lol:

On the bright side. A very generous. SE....X...Stax guy loaned me his LOADED GUN!!! :DD The MAGNUM is one to try if you loved the RS1 and just wanted some more out of it. ;)

I will take some pics when Free! :unsure: