ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

@ jojo: Yes, that thing is really heavy...and putting the pins onto the plates, man that was hard...need space to do that.

Wow...looks like your rig is almost there...

...now perhaps an upgrade of the CDP? :grin:

Still happy with the combo. Unless I get a better DAC with the same number of inputs w/ an easy switcher. I Might go for a full transport. :yes:

Yeah. My right arm was numb just placing FOUR (4) footers. Yours is SIX (6)! Lol! :rclxub:

Still distinguishing the difference w/ or without the footers. I think I need help. The Footers seem to clean mids of a slight distortion and the bass is a bit deeper. Is this waht happens. Need to play around w/ positioning. lol! :think:

Yes, the footers should make sound cleaner and less noisy. Moving the footers around does affect the sound too...depending what you are looking for.

Unfortunately for the Cambridge Audio CDPs, the uneven bottom plate and screws kind of limit the placements of footers.

Seems like the guizu rack is giving you guys quite a workout. :D What I would like to find out is whether the racks improve the sound enough to justify the cost or would i be better off buying more CDs to listen to? Since I already have a place to put my equipment albeit not the most solid or isolated choice.

Seems like the guizu rack is giving you guys quite a workout. :D What I would like to find out is whether the racks improve the sound enough to justify the cost or would i be better off buying more CDs to listen to? Since I already have a place to put my equipment albeit not the most solid or isolated choice.

For me it did. In a VERY big way!. But you have to note I used a DRY Cabinet for my Yamamoto and a glass table top for the CDP. So can't say how big it would affect you. :unsure:

@ Kachui

After four positions and a Bag of sweat got the best SQ I can get on the CDP. I can say the difference is not suttle. Though I had to wire the RCAs Dirrectly to the Yamamoto to get the correct feel. =)

Now for the Dac Magic. I believe this is easier. lol! :sweat:

@Nofing. It makes a big difference for me too...like Jojo, I was using my dry cabinet as a base too, for my case, it was the CDP.

With the new wooden rack, it certainly cut out the resonance and vibrations, thus bringing a much cleaner sound, bringing out details in tracks that I have not heard before. It made the bass tighter too, on my rig.

@Jojo...ha, ha...tweaking is a lot of fun, isn't it? I am still tweaking mine...moving footers on my CDPs and Pre-amp. Steve of Sky Audio gave me some pointers on the placement of Qi Cones on the Diva pre-amp. Looking at Nofing's rig, I believe, he already know this. :yes:

Wa I cannot take it. If I continue reading this thread I think I'll be struggling with the footers soon.

Ha, ha...give Steve of Sky Audio a call. I ordered mine on the phone late last evening, and he delivered it to my doorstep the following day, helped me unpacked the rack from the box, and he asked me to check to ensure the rack was not damaged before helping me carry it to my room. Even offered to help me with the footers...but me too paiseh to accept the offer after he had carried the heavy rack up two flights of stairs. :blush: Great service through and through. :thumbup:

Edited by Kachui

hmm i saw some1 at adelphi mall today...

and that fella jus bought something unexpected.....after reading my post.. :))

then went to makan and yam cha together.... :D

hmm i saw some1 at adelphi mall today...

and that fella jus bought something unexpected.....after reading my post.. :))

then went to makan and yam cha together.... :D

The fella bought a snake with white head? B)

Edited by Kachui

very poisonous white snake...... :D

hmmm...how poison is it?? :D

powercords meet coming soon :sweat:

Edited by kidult

SO IT YOU!! :grin::grin:

Haha... you are NO BETTER :ppth: ! Call me just to poison me :bash::bash::bash::bash:

This forum getting dangerous, visit and read enough, then suddenly before you even know it, you've bought some new toy! Beware beware....

very poisonous white snake...... :D

My red snake is not poisonous enough...I suspect is will be eaten by the white one later today... :shifty: