ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

At last a STAX owner in singapore, i was starting wonder if there were any left.

oh... its Arthurs'... any more STAX owners out there?

Edited by dennis28288

At last a STAX owner in singapore, i was starting wonder if there were any left.

oh... its Arthurs'... any more STAX owners out there?

ah....are you a stax owner as well?? do post your rig B)

Congrats on your new rig. For classical buffs, jumping straight to electrostats is a great move. :yes:

I think I won't be going to STAX for sometime as it won't do justice to the POP, RnB, HipHop and Rock music I'm listening to right now. I like BASS. :party:

Yep the STAX really does classical well. But even rock on it is fantastic. I prefer the rendition of Hurricane 2000 by Scorpions in the STAX.

I guess its your preference of sound presentation. Me I demand all those details and space even on rock. The bass guitar might be blasting, but I still want to hear that pluck of the string, and a very clear definition of instrumental placement. It certainly isn't anything like the the Grado's typical wall of sound. STAX's bass is very deep, it goes down to the levels that you "feel" rather than hear. I really love it on the bass drum in classical. One of my absolute favorites is the cannon firing in Tchaikovsky's Ouverture Solennelle, L'Année 1812 (try the one recorded by David Hall for this). I heard that this effect is even more pronounced in the O2's, so...

Count my rig as a begginer rig too. But I reallty love listening to it. Due to this no "upgraditis" for new cans or amps for the meantime. :cans:

Haha no lor. I think only mine and hellfire's are really "humble". The rest is just :thumbup:

Man a BH in singapore! :drool:

But I find my self spending on tweaks right now which I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. :sweat:

I'm really curious about tweaks. What are you using? Any impressions?

I can't say I'm a believer yet in tweaks, partly cause my system is too bottlenecked by the Zero DAC to reach that kind of resolution.

Year 2009 is the year of sources for me. Time to hunt down a proper source :think: Its also the year of listening to music and not equipment.

Edited by peanutbutterjam

:think:

Yep the STAX really does classical well. But even rock on it is fantastic. I prefer the rendition of Hurricane 2000 by Scorpions in the STAX.

I guess its your preference of sound presentation. Me I demand all those details and space even on rock. The bass guitar might be blasting, but I still want to hear that pluck of the string, and a very clear definition of instrumental placement. It certainly isn't anything like the the Grado's typical wall of sound. STAX's bass is very deep, it goes down to the levels that you "feel" rather than hear. I really love it on the bass drum in classical. One of my absolute favorites is the cannon firing in Tchaikovsky's Ouverture Solennelle, L'Année 1812 (try the one recorded by David Hall for this). I heard that this effect is even more pronounced in the O2's, so...

Haha no lor. I think only mine and hellfire's are really "humble". The rest is just :thumbup:

Man a BH in singapore! :drool:

I'm really curious about tweaks. What are you using? Any impressions?

I can't say I'm a believer yet in tweaks, partly cause my system is too bottlenecked by the Zero DAC to reach that kind of resolution.

Year 2009 is the year of sources for me. Time to hunt down a proper source :think: Its also the year of listening to music and not equipment.

Haha! I've tried stax the music is sweet, crisps and very clean but I feel I need more BASS Quantity wise but still having the quality of tight and deep. Personal preference on teh BASS of a Denon or even the colored sound for the HD650. I guess it's a matter of preference. :grin:

I'm actually DEEPLY (this would be the biggest SINGLE ticket item I get todate) thinking of jumping the gun and adding a Sub for my nEar05. I love how it presents the bass. it is great but I still felt i want to feel the music aside from listening to it. Thinking of a SVS SB12+. In a way this translates on what I am looking for for an IEM and Headphone. I have an Atrio, IE8, HD650 and even the ESW10. My Sony CD900st is bordering my definition of bright already. But sometimes you just want to listen to details which the sony definitely gives me. If I do buy another phone it might be a Denon. :thumbup:

I am looking at my interconnects power cables too. Recently after listening all the time. I found some noise or low level hums from my equip. I'm still isolating if I have a bad power outlet. The noise is making me crazy. :bash:

I also bought some tubes to play around my LC3 I found that the tube rings do change the sonic features of a tube. It can make the tube sound very dark. I haven't played w/ the tubes yet as I am still burning them in. Out of the box everything really harsh. :cry:

Aside from that. I am also doing some reading on balanced connections. I want to check if my mixer shouldn't be part of my setup as it might be a bottle neck. But based on what I'm currently hearing it doesn't make my system bad at all. :think:

Hayz, there's also CDs. I don't have any CDs here as I just arrived more than a year ago. :moneyflies:

Before I forget i still have some QR8s to play with. lol! :smoke:

But if you really want to tweak your rig,. My advise touchbase with cal or Kidult. just be ready with you ATM. As I found with cables alone they don't come cheap. lol! :sweat:

Edited by jojo_b2

I think I won't be going to STAX for sometime as it won't do justice to the POP, RnB, HipHop and Rock music I'm listening to right now. I like BASS. :party:

Well, bass on the O2 is definitely noticeable but it has that well known "darkness" to the sound. But there's definitely bass; more so than the other Stax phones I've heard (Lambda Pro, Lambda Nova Sig, 4070) :thumbup:

wednesday and uber :D

where r u rigs? :cans:

dun be afraid jus post them

we all started at some beginner stage and frankly we all know how it's journey.....

Don't have a home rig yet. Spent way too much already, saving very slowly for the last component in my home setup (I still need to learn driving).

Well, bass on the O2 is definitely noticeable but it has that well known "darkness" to the sound. But there's definitely bass; more so than the other Stax phones I've heard (Lambda Pro, Lambda Nova Sig, 4070) :thumbup:

Wow you used the LNS and 4070 before? How is it really? I've heard many good things about the LNS, but finding one to hear is more than very hard. Wilson does have one on display, but I'm not hoping for anything from that side.

Wow you used the LNS and 4070 before? How is it really? I've heard many good things about the LNS, but finding one to hear is more than very hard. Wilson does have one on display, but I'm not hoping for anything from that side.

Sold it some time ago before I got the O2. Didn't get a chance to compare them. Though, it was definitely easier to drive than the Lambda Pro, O2 & 4070. Regret not doing the comparison though. Now curious about the differences btw 404 & LNS. But someone in SG has the LNS though.

Sold it some time ago before I got the O2. Didn't get a chance to compare them. Though, it was definitely easier to drive than the Lambda Pro, O2 & 4070. Regret not doing the comparison though. Now curious about the differences btw 404 & LNS. But someone in SG has the LNS though.

Wow! Now I'm curious. Let see how far to the Darkside would I go. lol! :sweat:

It would really be nice to try your rigs. :unsure:

Now my turn...my very humble rig, recently set up. :blush:

B&W 804s speakers using Nordost Blue Heaven cables

Musical Fidelity A5 integrated amp, connected to

Marantz SA11-S1 cdp, via Kimber KCAG i/c

iPod 4G with Creative XDock (fitted with iTrip in pix)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by cyberfrog

Quantom--Is that a pair of Quad 11/12? With super tweeters? :grin::grin:

Anywayz, heres mine

Sony X5000 - Benchmark DAC1 - Bryston BP20 - Odyssey Stratos - Dynaudio Acoustic BM6P.

- Sony MDR CD900ST

When i'm on digital playback, i usually bypass the bryston preamp and use DAC1's onboard preamp.

IPB Image

Now my turn...my very humble rig, recently set up. :blush:

B&W 804s speakers using Nordost Blue Heaven cables

Musical Fidelity A5 integrated amp, connected to

Marantz SA11-S1 cdp, via Kimber KCAG i/c

iPod 4G with Creative XDock (fitted with iTrip in pix)

nice setup!! Sound Mechanics rack!! excellent :thumbup:

Thx. :))

Not easy to find SM rack in the market. Luckily a fren was upgrading so i bought over. Any idea which shop selling?

nice setup!! Sound Mechanics rack!! excellent :thumbup:

Thx. :))

Not easy to find SM rack in the market. Luckily a fren was upgrading so i bought over. Any idea which shop selling?

i bought my SM platform years ago from X Audio. I wonder do they still sell them? :think: