ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Vibration isolation is very important. I'm a big believer. Vibration is the number one killer in audio equipment. It like cancer that spread across every component.

Edited by ical

you have already started with Taoc platform....you can't turn back :grin:

the next step should be the footers :thumbup:

...but isolation from vibration can be costly... :cry:

The eternal problem...

But... back to it, if you scroll down that article, you see this part: (I've quoted it for easy reference)

Roll your own

In order to provide a means of sampling what seismic isolation can do for your system, what follows are instructions for making your own equipment supports. Items 3, 6, 7 and 8 pertain to roller bearings. These can be used without air bearings to provide horizontal and rotational isolation only. Air bearings can be used to provide vertical isolation only, as in those commercial racks and platforms which use air bearings. Best results however, will be attained by using a combination of these to achieve multiple-axis seismic isolation.

1. Get yourself a bicycle tire inner tube for about $1.99. I use 18" inner tubes. The larger the circle described by the inner tube, the easier it is to balance the gear atop it.

2. Obtain a piece of plywood to use as a platform on top of the inner tube. I use 1" maple ply measuring 20" by 20".

3. Go to a crafts store and purchase 3 wooden, usually pine, Easter egg holders and some marbles for a total of less than $2.

4. Place the inner tube on your shelf. Inflate it only enough to hold the component up off the shelf. Too much air and you won't get the benefits.

5. Place the plywood on top of the inner tube.

6. Place the three Easter egg holders on the plywood platform in the largest equilateral triangle that will fit under the gear you are going to support. I suggest trying your CD player first, though the benefits will add up as you float your other components as well.

7. Place a marble, or even better, a ½" steel ball bearing, in each of the Easter egg holders.

8. Carefully place your component atop the marbles, so they alone support it, holding it up so its own feet do not make contact with the plywood platform.

You have now constructed, for a cost of approximately $5, a simplified Enjoyyourshelf©. Of course it can be improved upon for added expense but the point here is to demonstrate and share the concept. If you like what you hear, you can always take the design further.

Seems interesting v interesting. From the perspectives of the more experienced, does this look promising?

Now for someone to try it :grin:

Edited by peanutbutterjam

Hm I can't see what's that logo...

Some interesting article that I've come across:

http://www.barrydiamentaudio.com/vibration.htm

Anyone tried?

:sign0006:

Ouch, I'm having a migraine attack now due to the site's color theme. I believe if some one is epileptic that page would trigger one. :rclxub:

:b2t

After cut and paste to a word document. the article seems promising.

I just find it weird to have all those stuff in your listening room or let alone your living room. But if that does work it might the first step of buying an expensive one as the concepts does apply. There's nothing more convincing than having experience the effect. :think:

Waah, I remembered my reaction when I was looking for an Audio Rack and Saw the Reviews on the "Rack of Silence" it was being praised on several sites. But after more googling i came to the actual price. I nearly choked and turn blue. :shocking:

I have a Taoc platform for my CDP, so will not need to build a plywood and tire platform...now, the easter egg holder and ballbearing sounds interesting...Cheap enough to give it a shot...now where to get Easter Egg holders...

I just find it weird to have all those stuff in your listening room or let alone your living room. But if that does work it might the first step of buying an expensive one as the concepts does apply. There's nothing more convincing than having experience the effect. :think:

Totally agree. Nothing like self-experiencing. And for me somehow I can't seem to appreciate anything fully outside my home, somehow listening at home is just different.

I have a Taoc platform for my CDP, so will not need to build a plywood and tire platform...now, the easter egg holder and ballbearing sounds interesting...Cheap enough to give it a shot...now where to get Easter Egg holders...

Hey do share if you find something that fits.

Now to find a nice piece to put on top the tyre... :think:

Edited by peanutbutterjam

placed on top of Novo....sound same as placing bottom?? :think:

have you tried on CDP??

placed on top of Novo....sound same as placing bottom?? :think:

have you tried on CDP??

Tried CDP, but seems to work better with the Novo (which has a grounding pin at the back). The Novo can't sit well on the conditioner if I put it at the bottom...perhaps a few 3M Bumpon could work, but since this is an audition unit, trying it on the top; seems to work as well.