Sign in to follow this  
monte

Westone UM3 compared to Shure SE530?

Anyone compared the two? just wondering whether the UM3's sound signature is similar to the UM2 - which to me sounded a bit bass heavy.... thanks.

interested to know too but no time to go down and test the UM3 out. Owned the SE530 before and I have to say it is the best IEM I've owned.

i've tried both and also triplefi 10pro.. w3 i think is quite bright, the soundstage is not very wide compared to 530 and 10pro, but better than um2, the bass is stronger then um2. personally i prefer 10pro, dun like high pitches..lol

Anyone compared the two? just wondering whether the UM3's sound signature is similar to the UM2 - which to me sounded a bit bass heavy.... thanks.

Hello, I had tried them out at SE for a short while la.

Well, the Westone 3 and the Westone 2 seem different. Westone 3 tend to give a much stronger bass, and the clarity is a bit reduced.

As for Westone 3 and the 530. 530 sound very netural, and plain to me. Not that strong in bass, but good in clarity!

I remember bringing my friend along to demo the new W3 that time when it was first launched, and he was wondering how it was different from the basic creative earphones he was using. It might be due to his "untrained" ears? I'm not sure. However, one thing for sure about the W3 is that it is very muffled, but it conveys the space of the the song very nicely. Reverb, echos and all the other effects are very breathtaking. Other than that.. erm. Ya. $600. Ok. Not worth it!!

Guest dragonboy

I remember bringing my friend along to demo the new W3 that time when it was first launched, and he was wondering how it was different from the basic creative earphones he was using. It might be due to his "untrained" ears? I'm not sure. However, one thing for sure about the W3 is that it is very muffled, but it conveys the space of the the song very nicely. Reverb, echos and all the other effects are very breathtaking. Other than that.. erm. Ya. $600. Ok. Not worth it!!

I guess your friend's expectation for music isn't very high, as long got high mid low.... got bass... good enough. I have a lot of friends who think I'm absolutely out of my mind buying all these earphones and headphones to them sounds ok. I'll say its a blessing if all sounds the same to you. :grin:

The same friends can easily pay $500- $1k for a bottle of red wine that to me ( luckily ) just taste like a $16 bottle from NTUC. :grin:

Guest dragonboy

i prefer um3 over se530. the bass produce suits me. well u must listen then you know. :D

If u read Quantom post, he's refering to a basic supplied creative earphones better than the Westone3. :think: Unless he didn't fit well, or else it is very unlikely. Although music are subjective, there's always a mark for quality.

Haha ok let me clarify myself further. The creative earphones have a greater bass extension over the W3. However, if you're going to start comparing bass definition, the W3 would probably win.

All that impresses me about the W3 is its ability to convey a "sound space" and the fit. I've never worn such a comfortable IEM before.

I also prefer the SE530 compared to IE8, W3 and etc that I used to own previously. It also my first intro into high end IEM.