Sign in to follow this  
monte

Westone UM3 compared to Shure SE530?

i wonder why westone didn;t make westone 3 with interchangeable cables like they did for UM2... :(

Haha ok let me clarify myself further. The creative earphones have a greater bass extension over the W3. However, if you're going to start comparing bass definition, the W3 would probably win.

All that impresses me about the W3 is its ability to convey a "sound space" and the fit. I've never worn such a comfortable IEM before.

i think the koss sparkplug might just edge the creative earphones in the bass extension...xD .. and yes, westone truly makes the most comfortable IEM on the market.. :thumbup:

Since this is a Shure SE530 thread, and I don't have the sufficient number of posts to post in the classified section, I'll shamelessly advertise here that I have a pair of Shure SE530s with the PTH unit to let go. Anyone interested just drop me a PM.

Haha ok let me clarify myself further. The creative earphones have a greater bass extension over the W3. However, if you're going to start comparing bass definition, the W3 would probably win.

All that impresses me about the W3 is its ability to convey a "sound space" and the fit. I've never worn such a comfortable IEM before.

I agree with Quantom on the sound space and fit about W3. I own all 3: W3,triple.fi10pro & SE530...SE530 has clarity but can get tiring to the ears over time, durability of wires is a huge issue. W3 has the best comfort n fit, incline more towards bass, personally i think the soundstage is better than SE530, the mids to bass spectrum has a fuller body sound, triple.fi10pro is somewhere in b/w W3 & SE530, most balanced of the 3, but comfort & fit no where near the above 2, tho it isn't too bad

i use the W3 most often as i often listen to music while on the go

xllms

Anyone compared the two? just wondering whether the UM3's sound signature is similar to the UM2 - which to me sounded a bit bass heavy.... thanks.

er..got UM3?? :rclxub:

Anyone compared the two? just wondering whether the UM3's sound signature is similar to the UM2 - which to me sounded a bit bass heavy.... thanks.

the westone 3 bass are said to be more warmer and balanced than UM2..but i suggest u go down and audition one and decide for yourself :)

er..got UM3?? :rclxub:

the westone 3 bass are said to be more warmer and balanced than UM2..but i suggest u go down and audition one and decide for yourself :)

UM2 can't handle complex low frequencies music, the bass does get distorted or feel laggy...the W3 perform way better, tho not necessary boomier than UM2....overall, W3 has a more balanced bass, it doesn't overwhelms u but it delivers the necessary stuffs

check it out urself

xllms

Personally I feel that SE530 mid is way better than W3.

W3 is bassy, and the treble is a little too sharp for my liking.

SE530 sounds warmer and natural to me..

W3s to me are excessively bassy and tonally unbalanced.

SE530 though having rolled of highs has a relatively more natural sound.

Hee hee... owned a UM2 for more than 2 years and didn't know they have interchangeable cables?

Anyway, I am using UM3X now and as I have always been used to the Westone sound signature, I think UM3X is great!

i wonder why westone didn;t make westone 3 with interchangeable cables like they did for UM2... :(

i think the koss sparkplug might just edge the creative earphones in the bass extension...xD .. and yes, westone truly makes the most comfortable IEM on the market.. :thumbup:

I am using W3 currently. I have used SE530 and UE TF 10 before. I got rid of SE530 because I didn't like the wires and the plain boring sound. Then went on to acquire TF 10, I loved everything about it especially the silky highs except fit. I tried all means to keep them but finally parted with them and bought W3. I don't agree with the claims that these are bassy. Bass is slightly more than the other 2 but not overpowering. As someone mentioned previously, mid to bass spectrum is good with fully body sound. I don't know why people say that they got unbearable highs! When I compared them with TF10, some highs are missing in W3. These are the most comfortable IEMs I ever had. Given a choice, I would prefer to have W3 + TF10 silky highs. I use Cowon D2 without any amp. This is just me your opinions may vary.

Edited by vjbab

I prefer the sound from the UM3. more neutral sounding with wider soundstage then SE530 but slightly less bass