Sign in to follow this  
Eric Chia

B22 1st impression ......

Btw, the wood used for the modded grill is one of the best in the world and the varnish used on it is natural. From the looks of it, if I am not mistaken, it's teak. Looks better when showing its natural lustre. Especially, when you can see the grains of the wood.

Bro, teak is never near to one of the best wood in the world. :doh: Maple, Spruce, Ebony, Boxwood, Willow and Rosewood are some of the better ones which usually use for making musical instrument eg violin. Nevertheless, so long it works well, whether the use of best or worse wood is not important.

Edited by ical

ha, ha...true...but teak is the best wood for outdoor furniture...favourite of ship builders...because it is good looking and durable. Resistant to weather and insects. And it does not need artificial varnishing or oiling to colour it.

No worries, Bro! What comes to my mind was furnitures and fixtures. I am from that industry. I know wood more for its construction and building purposes. For its musical purposes, I don't have much knowledge on it but thanks for enlightening me! You have broaden my musical vocabulary. :))

hold on to yur horses boys :D

i might be getting it soon so just wait a while later :)) now have to include the cost for my xlr cables bla bla and wat else...... :sweat::wacko::cry:

for u peanutjam , i rather stick to my dynamic cans :D

Imo, the fully modded senhd6xx is 70% similar to omega II and u will be suprised on wat the mids can do

not to mention no floor noise....bass and highs as good as the beyers, the transparency :lust: of the akg 701 omg......it is like 3 cans into 1 .....none of the weakness i cannot find....

very very huge improvement and no soundsignature change for sens......it is still the same but bigger,badder and deadlier.......no veil of cos :thumbup: hint hint maybe HD800 itself... :prettyprincess:

is that one of the reason you looking for a DIYer to build this amp? :drool::grin::))

The ones who can make it are not around town. Have to find them out of the country. Hardest part in making the B22 is getting all the components and you have to source them from a couple of suppliers.

The ones who can make it are not around town. Have to find them out of the country. Hardest part in making the B22 is getting all the components and you have to source them from a couple of suppliers.

Chassis is also another major issue. It might seem insignificant, but getting the cosmetic aspects of the amp in good order is much harder than imagined, and it definitely cost money.

I really wouldn't call B22 budget. The parts alone already don't come cheap. Throw in the extra work for a proper build and good chassis work, it won't come up cheap.

Congrats on your new toy!

Beautiful amp. Definitely one of the nicer looking B22s out there. :thumbup:

I would even say one of the nicest. Personally I find it way better looking than the rockhopper audio's build. The laser engraving is just superbly done.

Wish I could see it in person and hear it :grin: