Sign in to follow this  
ical

Owner of the World's Largest Record Collection

Claimed by many to be the “world’s number one audiophile”

http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/903/ji-hu...homehifi-museum

The last para hit a rather sad note in me...

World’s most expensive home theatre. I really love the setup!

http://elitechoice.org/2008/02/12/jeremy-k...n-home-theater/

I think there is a certain point that a theater can be called "home". That is a cinema. :lol:

WOW! I was actually dreaming of setting up a house back home with a room that can be used both as a Home Theather and a Stereo room. But the articles blew me away. :rolleyes:

I liked how Mr. Li wasn't selfish to have people peak thru his collection. I beleieve It would take me a month of seriously thinkering and listening to go Thru the 6 stories of gear he has. =)

The Archive is just SAD on how a man reaches his greatest desire in the end not passing it on due to society's blind sight. it's the same story we get on the environment just imagine how many plant and animal species get wiped off the face of the earth per year. :verysad:

But again it's the realization of what is also happening now in terms of the global economy and the world's financial system. Man still goes for the "Buck" not the beautiful things he loses in getting it. Unfortunately I can confess I haven't done my part in this drama too. =/

Edited by jojo_b2

The Archive is just SAD on how a man reaches his greatest desire in the end not passing it on due to society's blind sight. it's the same story we get on the environment just imagine how many plant and animal species get wiped off the face of the earth per year. :verysad:

But again it's the realization of what is also happening now in terms of the global economy and the world's financial system. Man still goes for the "Buck" not the beautiful things he loses in getting it. =/

I thought that "the archive" was a really touching piece both in aspect of society's appreciation of humanity and a man's dream. I'm really impressed how someone can single-handedly build an archive which is certainly no less impressive than many museums. Let me put it this way, even if I had 50 million and a whole lifetime and that dream, I doubt I could stay focused to pursue this dream, and put together AND maintain such a momentous collection.

Society's appreciation of it on the other hand... Well I guess no one's perfect. Perhaps half a century later we will be lamenting this loss of the human experience.