evo

IEM for rock

hi all,

have been MIA from sgheadphones for quite a while...

currently using creative ep-630 (bought it to replace my spoilt e2c when i was jobless) with an old Pocket PC (HP RX4240)

now that i'm working (since Oct 08), my hands have been itching to get something better for the daily MRT grind to and from work...

music that i listen to: j-rock (e.g. luna sea, dir en grey), rock (e.g. muse, radiohead).

any IEM suggestions? looking at budget of about $250...

p.s. also thinking of buying sandisk sansa clip... but seems 8GB model not yet available in Singapore?

thanx in advance for advice...

My bet will be the super-fi 5proEB

A really good time to get UE earphones as theres a promotion

saw the ads outside SE :thumbup:

a trade-in offer or somting like that

The SF5pro EB does not have dual drivers. It got a dynamic and a armature driver.

The SF5pro itself got pretty good bass already, and i think it would fit more ears than the EB.

Guest dragonboy

The SF5pro EB does not have dual drivers. It got a dynamic and a armature driver.

The SF5pro itself got pretty good bass already, and i think it would fit more ears than the EB.

Isn't a dynamic and a armature.... 2 drivers? :think:

I also go for the Atrios. But if you find either the EB or Atrios too bassy (which both were made for). With you budget try out the Jay's D-jays they perform quite similar to grado and Alessandro Sound signature which some people would vouch "Best for Rock". :party:

Others like to use UM1s on rock too. You really have to go down stereo and Jaben to find which is best for you. =)

Edited by jojo_b2

I'm quite curious, the usual recommendation is for "what 'phones/sound signature is good for this genre?" but would it be better to find out what signature the person likes?

I'm pretty much into the E4C signature for lush vocals, and more recently, the very revealing sound of the ATH-M50, and I would stick to them for any genre.

I'm quite curious, the usual recommendation is for "what 'phones/sound signature is good for this genre?" but would it be better to find out what signature the person likes?

Yeah x2 on that. I like my ER-4, even for rock.

Its really just generalization that if someone listens to a particular genre he will have a particular taste. Why can't I listen to rock AND still demand that clarity, separation, and details that ER-4 offers? Rock doesn't have to be thumping bass.

Go with your favorite presentation, I'd say.

hi ppl,

fyi, tested both sf5 & atrio, and also the sf5 pro

but i got the um2 instead...

also bought a 4GB clip