Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

Headphone meet anyone?

IPB Image

Address: SKM Building - 60 Marsiling Road, Singapore 739107 (5mins drive from Causeway point, opposite Republic Polytechnic)

Nearest MRT: Woodlands

Bus to take: 903 ( 5mins walk to JBL gallery)

Date: 22nd of March Sunday

Time of meet: 12pm - 4.30pm

At JBL gallery you will also see in their showroom some interesting audio and video equipment from Chord electronics, Pathos, Van den hul, JBL PRO, Supra cables and many others.

In order for everyone there at the meet to comfortably enjoy auditioning every fine piece of equipment, we might have to limit the number of people depending on the final numbers.

For this meet to be a successful and interesting one, we will need;

- Photographer/s (For taking pictures during the meet)

- Fellow friends who would contribute some toys during the meet (eg. Headphones, CD players, DAC, cables)

Headphone meet anyone? :grin:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SGheadphones toys contribution list:

Take note: Owners of equipments can choose to connect their electronics permanently to any other equipments. For example, if I bring down a Audio Technica L3000, B22 and CEC TL51X CD player, I can request the setup to be connected as a permanent setup unless permission given by me (the owner) to disconnect and link up with another setup.

There will be a few CD players in this meet, remember to bring some CDs to audition.

To maintain headphones on loan during the meet, please avoid hair cream or too much hair cream. If you are sweating (the location is air con), try to cool down and dry yourself before auditioning any headphones.

If anyone has any good suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

Stereo - CEC TL52Z, Goldenote Koala Tube, Koss ESP950, Audio Technica ATH-W1000 (Aron Mod), Sony PFR-V1, Earmax Silver Edition, Naim Audio Headline 2

Whenesday - Head Direct EF-1 tube headphone amp, Denon D5000 , Koss original portapro

(Standby: Zero DAC, Audio Technica ATH-ES7, JVC RX-700)

Nofing - Audio Technica W5000

Direcow - Compass DAC, DIY recabled Koss portapro, bluejean optical cable, Mark grant power cord

Jojo_b2 - Cambridge Audio DAC magic, Little country 3, Valgrind modded HD650, JVC RX900, Sony MDR CD900st, Valgrind Irukandji and Sony portable CD players.

Habba - Re-cabled Denon D2000

Uberburger101 - Grado RS-1 and Audio Technica ATH-ESW10

gene83 - gamma1 and Cavalli Audio bijou (Both DIYed)

Kidult - Ultrasone ED9, Yamamoto HA-02, Cambridge Audio 740C, Valgrind Irukanji

Hellfire - Sennheiser HD580 and Millet Hybrid Max

jacj6049 - kramer mod porta pro, mini^3 and Grado SR60

mimi - AKG K400, AKG K500 and Diva amp

user - Audio Technica ATH-W1000 and Beyerdynamic DT-990

ical - Macbook pro

Neo32 - Audio Technica ATH-A900 (Maybe)

Singapura - Headamp AE2 and ultra customized Shure E500

Lss - zero+, HDAM (moon, earth, sun v2), crossroad edge, xin reference A and beyer dt150/dt880 (both 250 version)

j1234 - APS ER4P

deathg0d - IMod, Larocco PR II Mk 2 BG upgraded, RSA Mustang P-51, Silver cables (mini to mini) (LOD to mini by Steven Kelby), AKG 702

alamakazam - Beresford TC-7510, asus 1000h notebook and lite dac-ah

Photographer/s:

1. Jojo_b2

2. user

A list of people coming to the headphone meet:

1. alamakazam

2. Whenesday

3. Nofing

4. Direcow

5. Jojo_b2

6. j1234

7. Habba

8. Uberburger101

9. gene83

10. Kidult

11. Hellfire112

12. David_watt (unconfirmed)

13. Neo32

14. Ical aka Cannoncal

15. Duck in the box

16. jacj6049

17. peanutbutterjam

18. mimi

19. user

20. clemo

21. Singapura

22. iggyting

23. Lss

24. sodiume

25. Tubeman

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Well done Aron. Unfortunately I got no exotic stuff except the gamma1 and Monica DACs. Even my SOHA/JISBO is topless.

Definitely contributing: Head Direct tube amplifier EF1, Denon D5000.

Able to contribute upon request: Zero DAC with Sun HDAM, AT-HA20, JVC RX700, AT-ES7.

Does portable rigs count?

Edited by Whenesday

Guest dragonboy

depending on when the meet is, I'll bring my compass DAC if it arrives... maybe some DIY stuff if it's done.

when's it going to be? :)

If it's in March..... I'll be very close to the berlin Wall. :cry::cry:

Too far liao.....

Edited by dragonboy

I am interested too. :thumbup:

I can bring my dac magic, little country 3, modded HD650, JVC RX900, CD 900st. Might bring some Sony PCDP too. and definitely the Irukandji. :think:

If you don't mind my begginer photography skills. i will be bringing my DSLR just to take some photos for personal keep sake! :blush:

Edited by jojo_b2

wow i been away for a week :D

and another meet has been organized....hehe

well i will probably bring my xindak dac-5, my new OCC coaxial cable, i still need a cdp or a source with coaxial output (if any1 would kindly provide for the meet) and my ldmk4 se with upgraded tubes G.Elect...

2 cans of my favourite cans....another can being well .... :D my akg under recabling and modding process hopefully i can get it next month ready .......

and not forgeting my 1000 hours burn in jellyfish......

wow i been away for a week :D

and another meet has been organized....hehe

well i will probably bring my xindak dac-5, my new OCC coaxial cable, i still need a cdp or a source with coaxial output (if any1 would kindly provide for the meet) and my ldmk4 se with upgraded tubes G.Elect...

2 cans of my favourite cans....another can being well .... :D my akg under recabling and modding process hopefully i can get it next month ready .......

and not forgeting my 1000 hours burn in jellyfish......

What surgery have you put the 701's onto?