Thirty-Five Minutes

Recommendation for closed headphones?

Hi, I want a pair of headphones that are suitable for walking around and listening to music - closed, because I don't fancy open and IEMs feel really uncomfortable for me. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions for models I should look at.

I'm using ATH-ON3 headphones at the moment, but it just isn't very satisfying when I'm listening to stuff. I like my ATH-ES7s, but the headband presses down on the top of my head and they're uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time when walking around. I used to use Sennheiser PX200s, but the earpieces separated themselves from the headband after a short period of time.

I was considering the AKG K518, but when I tried them on they felt kind of tight, so I'm reconsidering. I also considered the ATH-FC700, sound seemed okay but it was difficult to get an idea of the fit. I tried SQ5, but it's not really what I'm looking for.

My budget is around $200. I would prefer something relatively lightweight.

Thank you in advance!

I tried D1001 too, the fit was good but I wasn't sure about the looks (...I hate to sound shallow but it is the truth). Maybe I'll go back to Jaben and try them again, are there any other models I should look at besides the list below?

D1001

ATH-ES55

ATH-FC700

ATH-M50

try ath-m50!!slighty off ya budget,then wat kind of music ya prefer?

I second this. If you shop around, can get this below $200. BUT why do you want to walk around oblivious to the world? Can be dangerous. Be careful.

I second this. If you shop around, can get this below $200. BUT why do you want to walk around oblivious to the world? Can be dangerous. Be careful.

I was thinking more of "strolling in the park and listening to Radiohead" than "dodging oncoming traffic while listening to death metal". Will keep your warning in mind, thanks.

I was considering the AKG K518, but when I tried them on they felt kind of tight, so I'm reconsidering. .

My budget is around $200. I would prefer something relatively lightweight.

Thank you in advance!

The tightness is due to the metal plate on top of the headband.You can loosen it just holding only on the metal plate part and bend it backwards ,then hold for few time and do it for few days .Then the tightness will go.Overall it is a quite good headphones especially for the money you are paying.To get a proper sound it must run in for at least 80-120hrs from my experience.I like its tight bass and look better than 81dj.When I bought it first was upset by its tightness .I got this tweak from web and tried and worked well.So I feel still you can consider them

Guest jacj6049

oh?so listen radiohead kinda genre ah?okok,also wanna noe wat's goin on outside when traveling ah?then porta pro,sr80,ms1.if jus wit i pod,these headphones should be no problem.ah,there's another 1,ath-fc7?ha!i think if i no wrong wit the model,very good for entry!!n koss ksc75 is a must get item,akg518 after well run in,i think will meet ya need,