Sign in to follow this  
Blues

Alessandro MS-1 with which pad?

Hi everyone,

after a long hiatus from headphone world, a friend offered me his MS-1 for $100 - a price I couldn't resist :P

anyway they do sound really good, especially at that price! I was wondering if a bowl pad would improve the sound quality further (open up the detail more,etc) ? Any other pad (flat?) that is worth considering ?

Bowls would probably add more treble and perhaps give more details in a way. I use mine stock and find it best this way; without the quarter mod or anything. The hd414 pads might be worth checking out too.

The Sennheiser HD414 yellow pads are more comfortable and durable, if you find the details lacking, you can still do the 50cents mod.

thanks guys for the recommendation. where can I get the senn hd414 pad?

and also.. wonder if they have black ones? :P cos last time I saw those were yellow :o in color

Hi everyone,

after a long hiatus from headphone world, a friend offered me his MS-1 for $100 - a price I couldn't resist :P

anyway they do sound really good, especially at that price! I was wondering if a bowl pad would improve the sound quality further (open up the detail more,etc) ? Any other pad (flat?) that is worth considering ?

change to flat all-cover pads, for comfort! roughly 15bucks at Japen

thanks guys for the recommendation. where can I get the senn hd414 pad?

and also.. wonder if they have black ones? :P cos last time I saw those were yellow :o in color

There's one more mod that you might wanna try...RS-1 bowls with the sides scotch-taped. Open up the details as well as enhance the bass.

Guest jacj6049

RS1 bowls pads?how much it is?ms1 wit flat pads foe comfort

RS1 bowls pads?how much it is?ms1 wit flat pads foe comfort

Cant remember le...it was some time back but shouldnt be too expensive...

yeah...flats and the HD414 are more comfy than bowls

I find bowls to be the most comfortable actually, provided you wash them a few times with soap and water to get all that black stuff out. I can't stand foam on my ears.

I find bowls to be the most comfortable actually, provided you wash them a few times with soap and water to get all that black stuff out. I can't stand foam on my ears.

Dont know about washing but my bowls are all well oiled by my ears :grin: