Sign in to follow this  
binot

Earmax and Yammy

Just gotten my Earmax.. :) But Im curious of how it sounds as compared with the Yamamoto.. Anybody gotten to hear both?

what cans are you using ??

anyway, only heard silver with RS-1 sound very warm & sweet :thumbup:

silver with ED9, D7000, W1000 & W5000, we'll tell you after the meet :party:

yama with ED9 fast & punchy :thumbup:

yama with D7000 musical & warm :rclxms:

yama with w1000 - pls refer to another thread :sweat:

this two amps are totally different sound imo.

I tried both with my RS-1 and all I can say is that both amps sound completely different but have their own strengths. The Earmax Silver sounds extremely lush, smooth and enticing but not at all slow. It is also much more powerful than the Yamamoto from what I could tell. Yamamoto is not as lush, but still has that touch of tube goodness for female vocals. Earmax Silver is good for high and low impedances, but the Yamamoto is much better with low impedances.

Both are excellent amps, and it's more about pairing than anything. Earmax Silver with my RS1 was extremely memorable, while the HD650 sounded way too thick and syrupy for my liking. Perhaps the Earmax Silver will pair well with the DT880... I didn't have a chance to try.

Im using HD650 with Cardas cable... Initially was a bit dissappointed... Sounded a bit bright...begin to regret buying but after 5 hours in the middle of a CD suddenly the amp open up... then... heaven... :thumbup:

Now in my 15th hour.. Hope sound will continue to improve...

Edited by binot

I'm currently using HD650 with cardas cable, CEC TL53Z and Earmax Silver. Looking for a DAC to compliment the rig. Any suggestion please?