Sign in to follow this  
hellfire112

Appreciation for that special someone who helped you in this journey

Appreciation for My Dad

I would like to take the opportunity to show my appreciation to my Dad for his support in my Audio Journey.

Although I didnt get any financial support from him in playing audio, the moral support was immense.

Like how he help me made the KSC-1000, we went to source for the headband together, he helped me fixed it on and made it complete.

Another time when I realised that one of the resistor of the millet got burned and I decided it was too troublesome to send back to Ken(wkwlb) to fix it. My Dad told me he could help me fix. So all I need to do was to go down to KOBA to get a replacement resistor and my dad did the soldering. Along the way, the fuse was found to be broken and the ground power wire broke off from the solder. My Dad went to get the fuse for me and resolder back the ground power wire(took quite a few tries as the connecting pin was broke off already).

Lastly, when i finally decided to move to a CDP for my home rig, I suddenly remembered my dad have a CDP which was in our old house when I was still somewhere in primary school. I did a search and found it to be hidden in the cupboard under my TV and it wasnt hooked up to anything as the new DVD player has taken over it role.

I took over the ownership of the CDP and to my surprise it still works! However as with age, it came with several irritating problems(after consulting Aron, most likely is the lens at fault). So after telling my dad, he opened up the CDP, cleaned the lens, grease the cd tray and the disc spinning gear.

Today is the second day of rebirth of my old cdp and things looks promising. Good to go once again!

Lastly, after consulting my dad on the vampire cable mo, he told me that it would not be a problem helping me to solder a RCA to RCA interconnect.

Awesome!

Edited by hellfire112

:rclxms::thumbup: Kudos to your dad. What a supportive guy. Edited by heady

Unfortunately most of us go solo in this audio journey.. haha. i dont have many friends who are willing to spend this much on audio stuff :P

the day my Little Tube MkIII appear in my house, my dad came into my room... "Don't think i don't know what that is... use alot of electricity leh!"

lol. Cos vacumn tubes not very energy efficient ba I guess. Of everything in my collection me likes Portapro paired with iBasso the best. Everything else sounds bassless to him lol.

really ar?tube amp will use alot of elecrtricity?

my mum is always there to support me too..she help me in the solderings work when i am diying some of the cable that i used to play with as her work basically is to solder chips onto the board of the games or handphones...32 years of solderings skills eh?not bad not bad!muhahaha

really ar?tube amp will use alot of elecrtricity?

my mum is always there to support me too..she help me in the solderings work when i am diying some of the cable that i used to play with as her work basically is to solder chips onto the board of the games or handphones...32 years of solderings skills eh?not bad not bad!muhahaha

yr mum is zai!

i can't solder:(

it is her job...anw!abt the electricity?really ar?tubes amp waste more?bill will go up?

hmmmm, for my journey so far? i would like to thanks my two brothers who had been along the way guiding me and teacher me some of the knowledge they have :) great job bro.

Have to thank Aron from Stereo for poisoning me with Shure SE530, my first high end IEM and also my my first step into headphone. I still remember when I call up Stereo to ask about it and Trifi 10pro, he was very nice to share with me on the phone about the difference. Service no horse run. :thumbup:

And also have to thank some of the nice people but bad company I know here for spreading the poison which "help" in expanding my rig within a short period of time.

Edited by ical

it is her job...anw!abt the electricity?really ar?tubes amp waste more?bill will go up?

no one answer me yet...haha

Answer is: Yes. Tube consume more power. But your amp is using small tubes so don't make much difference.

Guest jacj6049

my thanks to jojo,stanley,aron(ath fc-7)haha!!!!alvin1118,heady