Sign in to follow this  
alvin1118

DIY - Mono Block Headphone Amp [MPA2.5]

Hi Alvin,

I'm not new in SGHeadphones... but I've been inactive for quite a long time... so that I do not follow any latest activities around SGHeadphones.

I saw in your blog posts, your MPS2.5 pictured with K702... What do you think the difference between MPA2.5 driving the HD600 and K702?

Regards,

---

David

Hi David,

yup i have the k702 and HD600 driven by MPA2.5.

I would say i am very much prefer HD600 w/ MPA2.5 as it's very details, high performance; it drives Sennheiser HD very well. :cans:

while K702 sounds a little analytic w/ MPA2.5, vocal is slightly recessed. MPA2.5 w/ K702 brings out every details of the music, a bit too overwhelm if u like. certainly, soundstage is wonderful still :dance:

as such, I'm building another amp which is supposed very well matches with K702, and ATH woody. :grin:

Rgds

Alvin

Hi Alvin,

thanks for your reply.... and thanks on your found about the HD600 and K701 matching/unmatching with the MPA2.5.

It seems that many people at the head-fi mention that K701 have better synergy with tube amp... I'll follow your development on your other amp :-) that you say sound like tube amp...

Thanks,

---

David