Sign in to follow this  
uberburger101

Is this CD Jap pressed?

hey uberburger101,

i know you already asked me on msn about this but i'm posting it here for the benefit of all who wants to know how to identify a Jap pressed cd.

-Pricing: Jap pressed cds costs about 3x more than a normal pressing. HMV has crazy pricing on Jap pressing album cds. :bash:

-Obi Strip: This is the best way to tell for me. Got the "Made In Japan" means is jap pressing for sure in my books.

Some sample pics of Obi Strip:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Having said all this, I'm sure your cd is not Jap pressing but this cd is being sold in Japan(given the japan pricing on it)

sadly it a local press.

Japanese press normally come with an obi.

extract from Wiki -

**Safe in a Crazy World is the second album by Corrinne May, released in 2005 by the independent Pink Armchair Records label. The album was also released in Japan by S2S records and by Warner Music Singapore.**

so is a Japanese CD released by Singapore. not necessary a Jap press.

extract from Wiki -

**Safe in a Crazy World is the second album by Corrinne May, released in 2005 by the independent Pink Armchair Records label. The album was also released in Japan by S2S records and by Warner Music Singapore.**

so is a Japanese CD released by Singapore. not necessary a Jap press.

Wow, thanks for that. Ok, so now I'll collect 2 different copies of her every album. Yes, I'm a shameless fan. :P

uber, yours is locally pressed lah. S2S recording is very good for locally pressed so no worries. I've quite a collection from them without any problem.

To know whether a cd is Japan pressed, it always stated "Made in Japan". Some cd might stated that it's mastered in German and Japan but it actually not pressed in that country.