Sign in to follow this  
Kachui

Shure Headphone

i also didn't notice the shure headphone were at stereo but luckily i was there yesterday.

audition the 840, sounded pretty much like 530 but more neutral. bass abit bloated maybe not burned in. quite smooth sounding too.

Should consider a launching sale when it's available. Look interesting. Can consider if it sound as good as SE530 which is my favourite IEM.

Should consider a launching sale when it's available. Look interesting. Can consider if it sound as good as SE530 which is my favourite IEM.

to my decent ears, they do sound great!! :))

first impression, 840 sound like se530 in a open can. but treble a little harsh which burn may help... 440 sound very good too. compairing both is like hd650 and hd600... both very nicely price too... 840 sound very good with auditor too :) Might consider it for my portable can

Might consider it for my portable can

Is it huge? Any comparison of sizing... may to the hd650 or ed9?

Both the 440 and 840 sounded good out of the box when I tried it on Friday. 840 especially sounded like the SE530 but with better soundstage. Bass on both was a bit boomy though...probably need some burning in.

Must say, they certainly have lots of potential; and they look good and well-built too. Comes with detachable cables...and you know what that means. :grin:

And I bet with the attactive prices (the 840 going for only USD160 in the US), they are going to be pretty popular.

time for me to make a trip down to PS tomorrow :/

I don't think it in stall for now. Didn't see it just now

Is it huge? Any comparison of sizing... may to the hd650 or ed9?

I would consider it big. But it fold-able to keep it compact for keeping. Hard for me to really describe the size. The 840 cramping force is stronger and I'm not use to it. I don't think It will loosen that easily as the head band is so flexible that I can twist and stretch. Another down side is the heavy coil cable which I really hope that shure will consider coming out with a lighter straight cable.

hmmmmmmmmmmm those who have heard it, how would you compare it to be the ES9? And... its not portable right?

the price is tempting me -_-

why don't you go down and audition yourself?

Guys, I have the Shure SRH-440 and SRH-840 available at our PS outlet till tomorrow night (17th July), interested parties can just swing by for an audition.

Its still in my store, but not sure till when.

Edited by max007007