Ear impressions

done mine at digi sound..... :cans:

Highly recommended :thumbup:

pretty gal! :wub:

cheap thrill :drool:

if you know what i mean...........

Edited by BahTeng

But the price not very nice.

Anyway thanks guys I already got mine done at ngee ann for $40.

Quite satisfied with it.

Hey hellfire112, the audiologist at ngee ann city provides a biting block. So you might wanna consider going over there instead. Having my impressions taken there later.

Apple? :D

will feedback on its effectiveness. :D

Hey hellfire112, the audiologist at ngee ann city provides a biting block. So you might wanna consider going over there instead. Having my impressions taken there later.

thanks for the suggestion but after asking around for opinions, i think i will be making my impressions at digisound.

i have done my ear impression at jaben before. it was a very painful and memorable (not in a good way) experience. there was slight bleeding.

the following week after i did the impressions, coincidentally there was an annual medical check up conducted by the military camp i was in. thankfully, the bleeding was due to abrasions on the wall canal. and nothing serious.

and it took one whole week for my ear to feel normal again. for that entire week, my ear felt violated and uncomfortable enough for me to stop listening to my iems. note that i listen to my iems without fail everyday. it's like a daily vitamin i must partake.

my question would be, whether or not is it a common thing to feel pain during ear impressions.

i understand there's a different pain threshold level for everyone. But we're not talking bout who is able to withstand the highest magnitude of pain here. just something painful enough to certify that the feeling is beyond uncomfortable boundaries. I'm sure many would be able to justify what constitutes the meaning of 'uncomfortable' and 'pain'.

i have these questions squirming in my head after i realize that some seem to just feel uncomfortable and others seem to experience tormenting pain. is it due to the inconsistency of the executor (of the ear impression) or is it due to every individual's characteristically different ear canal?

if the answer is due to the inconsistency of the executor, i'm going to make certain the next time i get my ear impressions done at a certified audiologist.

it didn't occur to me (i have no idea why it didn't) until i read a post by canoncal on this thread. who's going to be responsible if any eardrum is being ruptured? i wonder if jaben will take the responsibilities. afterall, no law abiding contract was signed or recognised.

but nevertheless, i must say jaben did a pretty decent job in the ear impression. i.e. the customs fit pretty well except a very slight miscue in the left ear. i have read several comments about their customs fitting. these people had their customs impressions done at jaben. strangely enough, most have perfect fit in the right ear but slight miscue in the left ear.

alrighty, i hope someone out there has an answer to my question. thank you all!

i have done my ear impression at jaben before. it was a very painful and memorable (not in a good way) experience. there was slight bleeding.

the following week after i did the impressions, coincidentally there was an annual medical check up conducted by the military camp i was in. thankfully, the bleeding was due to abrasions on the wall canal. and nothing serious.

and it took one whole week for my ear to feel normal again. for that entire week, my ear felt violated and uncomfortable enough for me to stop listening to my iems. note that i listen to my iems without fail everyday. it's like a daily vitamin i must partake.

my question would be, whether or not is it a common thing to feel pain during ear impressions.

i understand there's a different pain threshold level for everyone. But we're not talking bout who is able to withstand the highest magnitude of pain here. just something painful enough to certify that the feeling is beyond uncomfortable boundaries. I'm sure many would be able to justify what constitutes the meaning of 'uncomfortable' and 'pain'.

i have these questions squirming in my head after i realize that some seem to just feel uncomfortable and others seem to experience tormenting pain. is it due to the inconsistency of the executor (of the ear impression) or is it due to every individual's characteristically different ear canal?

if the answer is due to the inconsistency of the executor, i'm going to make certain the next time i get my ear impressions done at a certified audiologist.

it didn't occur to me (i have no idea why it didn't) until i read a post by canoncal on this thread. who's going to be responsible if any eardrum is being ruptured? i wonder if jaben will take the responsibilities. afterall, no law abiding contract was signed or recognised.

but nevertheless, i must say jaben did a pretty decent job in the ear impression. i.e. the customs fit pretty well except a very slight miscue in the left ear. i have read several comments about their customs fitting. these people had their customs impressions done at jaben. strangely enough, most have perfect fit in the right ear but slight miscue in the left ear.

alrighty, i hope someone out there has an answer to my question. thank you all!

I have personally done 4 sets of ear impressions and have experienced slight discomfort only (like how my ears feel when I dive 2m underwater), all from digisound.

I have talked to several customers who experienced pain (yeah, like someone poking chopsticks into your ears) and the audiologist at Digisound said that could be due to sensitive nerves in the ears or that particular side of the ear but bleeding is unheard of yet.

Human error are sometimes hard to avoid but it is just unfortunate if they happen on custom earphones as any slight misfit can affect the seal and sound quality.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

my experience was a hell yeah bad one. it felt as though my eardrums were on the verge of rupture. the pain is similar to diving to 4metres in depth without clearing your nose at all.

the guy at jaben who did my ear impressions told me that the pain is due to the air pressure in between the sponge-like thing and the eardrums. as the sponge-like thing enters deeper into the ear canal, the air pressure in between the sponge-like thing and the eardrums builds up, which results in the tormenting pain.

if this is his reasoning, it makes me wonder why some feel it and some don't?

maybe i have have sensitive ear nerves. mm. The next time i have another custom, i'm definitely going to an audiologist.

Edited by blacklistor

my experience was a hell yeah bad one. it felt as though my eardrums were on the verge of rupture. the pain is similar to diving to 4metres in depth without clearing your nose at all.

the guy at jaben who did my ear impressions told me that the pain is due to the air pressure in between the sponge-like thing and the eardrums. as the sponge-like thing enters deeper into the ear canal, the air pressure in between the sponge-like thing and the eardrums builds up, which results in the tormenting pain.

maybe i have have sensitive ear nerves. mm. The next time i have another custom, i'm definitely going to an audiologist.

Maybe visiting a lady audiologist who is pretty and gentle would help. :wub:

At least now we know where to avoid making impressions.

Maybe visiting a lady audiologist who is pretty and gentle would help. :wub:

i agree. :D

:b2t

Just sharing my experience of doing ear impressions at Digisound.

It was my first time doing ear impressions. For my right ear, it was only slight discomfort and pain. Whereas for my left ear, when she insert that sponge+string combo into my ear, quite pain and the pain stayed throughout until the impressions was taken out(the pain was within my pain threshold level but still quite painful!!!)

After the mixture was injected in, I was experiencing ringing sounds on my both ears for quite a while.

For my bite block, I use an apple supported by my right hand. The stability was good but I find it hard to breath because of the apple. :sweat:

With regards to the accuracy of the ear impressions, shall feedback when i get my customs. :D

not sure if it's my luck or genetic structure of the ear, both of my ears experienced great pain during the ear impression. the pain was so overwhelming that i teared. not cry la. but tearing.