[J]-ohn

Westone UM3x vs Westone 3 (aka W3)

Tested both the w3 and um3x today at stereo :cans:

i must say that both sound awsome :thumbup:

The transparancy of the um3x is superb, very clean sounding

but in the end i still went home with westone3

cos i feel that westone 3 sound fuller....

anyway.. its just me :grin:

Sorry, OT a little, will acidental dropping of earpiece cause any damage to the armature drivers?

:cry:

Sorry, OT a little, will acidental dropping of earpiece cause any damage to the armature drivers?

:cry:

I doubt IEMs are so fragile.

I have no idea on es3x. But i does sound like a full custom IEM to me with um56.

for w3 vs um3x, yes. total different in sound signature. While w3 is very thick in the mids, um3x is much more like se530 in a way. I love the way it sounds. Wide open and inviting. Added the much need sparkle that se530 lack. but not to the extend of tf10p. I just thought i end my portable journey with T1 but um3x force me to open my wallet once more.

Before um3x appear, I'll say ck100 and se530 will be my preference for universal IEM. what um3x does better is in the bass and sound depth. bass is more detail and hit harder. mid wise, ck100 is still more forward but similar in warm.

T1 and um3x is similar in LR panning. but um3x seems to have a tat more depth. Bass on um3x hits harder and louder. Mid wise, both are different. same similar level of details but um3x sound clearer. highs, t1 sound a tat louder but um3x sound more extended. Basically, the main different is in the mid.

basically if the mids of um3x are pretty close to T10pro..i'll have no qualms about getting one... :wub::wub:

basically if the mids of um3x are pretty close to T10pro..i'll have no qualms about getting one... :wub::wub:

I personally felt that it is very similar to W3.

Latest update for those customers who pre-ordered the Westone UM3x during our early May walk-in promotion.

We were given an estimate shipping date from Westone that stock should arrive in mid may but a latest email from Westone this morning has confirmed that due to over whelming response, Westone would have to delay the shipping date to 30th May.

I apologized for the delay and Stereo would provide a full cash refund for any pre-order customers if they do not wish to continue waiting.