Hmm, i see no point in reshelling with an additional driver anymore. since it costs so much. I might as well sell off the superfi and get an Aero or something.

precisely.. lol i'm thinkin juz pass on the aero n get the mage..

I'm going to reshell my W3! Making the impressions tomorrow at ACE.. and then maybe head to Stereo..

Do I need to bring anything else other than the current IEMs and impressions?

Edited by digimax

Do share with us the improvement (if any) you get from reshelling your W3. Interested.

I believe there will be improvement because the W3 sounds very different every time I use a different type of foam/sleeve/flange (at least for me, maybe it's my ears).

But will let you know, maybe 3-5 weeks time, when i get them back :)

I'm going to reshell my W3! Making the impressions tomorrow at ACE.. and then maybe head to Stereo..

Do I need to bring anything else other than the current IEMs and impressions?

Bring money. :grin:

Bring money. :grin:

Done and done! Made the impressions (no pain etc, they're quite good) and paid for reshelling. A bit surprised at the order forms! Wah print so many.

Now I just have to survive 4 weeks with nothing but the Apple stock earphones....

Done and done! Made the impressions (no pain etc, they're quite good) and paid for reshelling. A bit surprised at the order forms! Wah print so many.

Now I just have to survive 4 weeks with nothing but the Apple stock earphones....

any details u gave for the ear impressions?

lol alot of forms? dats kinda surprising too..

any details u gave for the ear impressions?

lol alot of forms? dats kinda surprising too..

Just told them I'm making earphones and need an open jaw impressions. They had a few customers doing the same thing (impressions only for IEMs, not hearing aids) so they know what to do. Do research what the process is like, otherwise you might get a shock (like how deep in they'll push the cotton/foam cube thing)

The only thing was their office.. the layout quite confusing and they're near the back entrance...

Having more forms are good - They're printed from a template form on their laptop. I think it's more professional compared to other places where it's like.. just jotted down or something.. later things like wrong colours may happen!

Just told them I'm making earphones and need an open jaw impressions. They had a few customers doing the same thing (impressions only for IEMs, not hearing aids) so they know what to do. Do research what the process is like, otherwise you might get a shock (like how deep in they'll push the cotton/foam cube thing)

The only thing was their office.. the layout quite confusing and they're near the back entrance...

Having more forms are good - They're printed from a template form on their laptop. I think it's more professional compared to other places where it's like.. just jotted down or something.. later things like wrong colours may happen!

yea UE has a nice video on an artist getting impressions done.. some ppl who have done it at the hands of non-professionals feel alot of discomfort(even pain)..

oh ya btw did they have somethin for u to bite on for open jaw impressions?

also, has the quad driver mage arrived for testing? :drool:

oh ya btw did they have somethin for u to bite on for open jaw impressions?

also, has the quad driver mage arrived for testing? :drool:

They provided this plastic case which is used as a bite block..