Whoohoo! I finally got my Westone 3 reshell back!

All I can say is, the fitting is very good. Hence the soundstage widens, slightly more detail can be heard and the bass builds up on power now - but not overbearing. The sibilance issue just VANISHED for me (then again, that's mainly caused by Shure olives).

Edited by digimax

Here's mine

On first impressions, reshelling brought new found detail but I am still listening out for more differences.

From this,

IPB Image

To This!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Everything's just lovely! The build quality is great, the fit is perfect and the sound has improved too!

All this and more in EXACTLY a month! :thumbup:

IPB Image

Hey, my chart is dated 10/16/09 too! :))

My print-out's cut off at the left side too. Does anyone know why the diagrams have two overlapping lines (that sometimes doesn't) on the chart? My custom's chart has the same too.

Hey, my chart is dated 10/16/09 too! :))

My print-out's cut off at the left side too. Does anyone know why the diagrams have two overlapping lines (that sometimes doesn't) on the chart? My custom's chart has the same too.

Haha HIGH 5!

I didn't really look at the chart

may i know the price for reshelling the UM2s. my ears have been de-sensatized to the UM2 sound already(no more wow factor when listening to it) so considering reshelling to customs or sell this off and jump over to W3s... which will burn a bigger hole in my pocket? hmm....

may i know the price for reshelling the UM2s. my ears have been de-sensatized to the UM2 sound already(no more wow factor when listening to it) so considering reshelling to customs or sell this off and jump over to W3s... which will burn a bigger hole in my pocket? hmm....

Reshelling cost is estimated to be half of a brand new W3.

hmm... like that might as well i sell my UM2s, top up and get the W3s and get a totally new experience for my ears. Reshelling wont make much diff in SQ rite? Other than the fact that its custom fit, i think if im going to spend that much might as well top up abit more for W3s or the UM3x. anyone wana give their opinion?

hmm... like that might as well i sell my UM2s, top up and get the W3s and get a totally new experience for my ears. Reshelling wont make much diff in SQ rite? Other than the fact that its custom fit, i think if im going to spend that much might as well top up abit more for W3s or the UM3x. anyone wana give their opinion?

The fact that its custom fit would help isolation and comfort. However, if you're happy with the comfort of universals and want an upgrade in SQ then buying those makes sense.

For me, I'm ditching universal IEMs and going customs baby :party:

but i can always make custom tips for the universals rite? i thought this sounded like a good idea coz saw somewhere earlier that the price to reshell would be ard $150. bt then nw its gona add up to half the price of a W3 i kinda dun see the point. might as well invest the money to get a new sounding pair of iems. but the custom thingy is damn tempting. problem abt making custom tips for universals is that it will make the iems stick out. kinda sad coz i like the low profile and comfort of the UMs so much that i swear nt to touch any other iems.