Today went down to SE to check out the prices, thinking that it wont cost more than um56 as it was quoted early on. But to my horror, it was much more expensive than um56. That prices that was quoted by the staff there was even more than livewires. Currently I'm saving for UE triple fi 10 pro. Saw this post and was wowed by the reshelling thing as triple fi looks weird. So maybe re-shelling will look better. But by adding the price of Triple fi 10 pro + re-shelling + adding an addition driver cost a bomb. Might as well add a couple more hundred to get UE11pro. Maybe the staff explain to me wrongly or i misunderstood him. But if the price listed is correct, might as well get livewires or even ue10pro. Sorry if I sounded offensive. Haha.

Firstly I will have to apologize for taking so long to work out the prices as the China side don't have a standard price list therefore I have to be calling them now and there to confirm this and confirm that. :call: You might have spoken to one of my half-time staff who might have misunderstood your questions, hope you spend some time testing some stuffs and not wasted your trip.

Reshelling fees is currently fixed at SGD$159 (standard colors/no artwork/DIY cables)

As for the pricing, they should be ready today and I will also update some information. So please refer to that instead of those found in this thread, when in doubt, feel free to send me an email or PM. B)

i think OP was referring to reshelling being cheaper than UM56..

i'm sure making a whole custom IEM with drivers would be more expensive..

am i right stereo?

:party:

Haha. Sorry for all the commotion. I guess I should pm him. Peace people. Enjoy. :) btw, I do believe he is a great dealer. :)

Haha. Sorry for all the commotion. I guess I should pm him. Peace people. Enjoy. :) btw, I do believe he is a great dealer. :)

I know why he was confused, partly it was because my staffs were confused too... :lol:

Guest dragonboy

I know why he was confused, partly it was because my staffs were confused too... :lol:

Why don't they get more confuse and sell me for half the price..... :grin::grin:

are you sure? not that i side Stereo, just that i feel their price is always on the lower side and with great service....

Can't agree more... that's why I would always try to avoid going there whenever I can. There's always a way they can suck your wallet dry. :lol:

Firstly I will have to apologize for taking so long to work out the prices as the China side don't have a standard price list therefore I have to be calling them now and there to confirm this and confirm that. :call: You might have spoken to one of my half-time staff who might have misunderstood your questions, hope you spend some time testing some stuffs and not wasted your trip.

Reshelling fees is currently fixed at SGD$159 (standard colors/no artwork/DIY cables)

As for the pricing, they should be ready today and I will also update some information. So please refer to that instead of those found in this thread, when in doubt, feel free to send me an email or PM. B)

:party:

My mistake, SGD$159 exclude DIY cable. Got to top up a bit more for DIY wires or more for Westone ES wires. :doh::doh:

Hi Aron,

Forgot to ask you about the estimated turn around time for the reshelling.

Let me know if my iem can be reshell ya? ;)

This is what I think it will cost to reshell my iem.

Iem(supply urself) + $159SGD reshelling fee + DIY cable/ES2 cable($??/$??) + shipping fees(free during promotion period, otherwise $???) + Cost of ear impressions ($30-$60, depending where you do it from)

Anyway best to check with Stereo direct for the exact total costs.

Am very excited over this thou. :D

i think ace hearing at ngee ann is now 40 but they're good =)

man... why cannot reshell dynamic futuresonics? =( =(

Hi Aron,

Forgot to ask you about the estimated turn around time for the reshelling.

Let me know if my iem can be reshell ya? ;)

This is what I think it will cost to reshell my iem.

Iem(supply urself) + $159SGD reshelling fee + DIY cable/ES2 cable($??/$??) + shipping fees(free during promotion period, otherwise $???) + Cost of ear impressions ($30-$60, depending where you do it from)

Anyway best to check with Stereo direct for the exact total costs.

Am very excited over this thou. :D

Jays IEM no problem. China DIY cable is $30 and Westone ES2 wires about $50+. Westone cable highly recommended.

i think ace hearing at ngee ann is now 40 but they're good =)

man... why cannot reshell dynamic futuresonics? =( =(

Maybe driver too big?

Hi,

Can I check on the reshelling whether any testing was done to ensure that the sound signature is similar before and after? This is for W3 without adding any additional drivers.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can I check on the reshelling whether any testing was done to ensure that the sound signature is similar before and after? This is for W3 without adding any additional drivers.

Thanks!

As many have experienced, even changing of rubber tips or foams on IEM would change the sound slightly, reshelling would too.

After reshelling testing will be done, according to UM, they will provide some kind of frequency chart together for the reshelled IEM.

However reshelling will affect the acoustic within and alignment of driver/s therefore there will be a slight change in sound.

Most of the time, it is for the better since seal and isolation has been greatly improved and drivers are better align for the user.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am just a bit concerned that other than the seal, would my W3 sound like my E530 and whether the signature will deviate very much.

I guess nobody really knows till its tried.

Thanks again.

CY

Thanks for the quick reply. I am just a bit concerned that other than the seal, would my W3 sound like my E530 and whether the signature will deviate very much.

I guess nobody really knows till its tried.

Thanks again.

CY

Quite unlikely for the W3 to sound like the SE530 but if it does, sales of W3 might improve. :D