when NeoMini USB DAC meets....

IPB Image

Mini3 !!

IPB Image

= Mini+Mini :shifty:

IPB Image

i like the phone jack, cool :D

IPB Image

Note: LM7812 is replaced by LT317; Silver + MOGAMI NEGLEX OFC internal wiring; RCA phono jack out as preamp ;)

sound very clean, sound stage is good as usual for AD8397 & OPA690 high performance version; definitely a very useful digital audio box for computer intensive user like me :thumbup:

Edited by alvin1118

tks bro :D

just an update, increase the operating voltage from 12v to 20Vdc (supposedly sound better?) and replace two 470u/16v to 1000u/25 :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Note: LM7812 is replaced by LT317; Silver + MOGAMI NEGLEX OFC internal wiring; RCA phono jack out as preamp ;)

I had very positive results using LT1085/1086-12V regulators with tantulum decoupling caps compared to LM7812 and 317. You might want to try out.

Edited by Northern Oak

Guest jacj6049

I had very positive results using LT1085/1086-12V regulators with tantulum decoupling caps compared to LM7812 and 317. You might want to try out.

how n where ya to do the decoupling?

how n where ya to do the decoupling?

Just look up LT1085/1086 datasheet. I had tried other caps, MKPs, electrolytics caps but found tantalum to have the most positive impact. Note that you may want to purchase tantalum caps with at least twice the voltage rating as what it is subjected to and take extra care with the polarity.