Stereo_Electronics

Share your audio tweaks

agree wholeheartily..... :yes:

i am glad to make friends to actually (ahem) poison me with upgrades and tweaks...

and which tweaks able to go well with our equipments b4 investing on it....depend on our preferences... :thumbup:

Anyway, if you prefer jazz, go to some jazz pub, classical-> esplanade, vocals -> concert.

Instrumental, e.g. guitar, go and learn guitar.

Develop a sense of timbral accuracy baseline. Know what u like. Know what is natural.

Haha dangerous advice :P every time i hear a live performance i realize things i don't really want to realize. I particularly like good acapella groups performances WITHOUT amplification (cause most who use mikes don't know how to set the mike up properly and it ends up sounding very disembodied). The beautiful timbre of the natural voice, and the perfect pin-point direction. Sweet.

Edited by peanutbutterjam

agree wholeheartily..... :yes:

i am glad to make friends to actually (ahem) poison me with upgrades and tweaks...

and which tweaks able to go well with our equipments b4 investing on it....depend on our preferences... :thumbup:

Well, at least if we are gonna get sucked in, at least if there's more "suckers" then we will have more tried and tested feedback and maybe some equipment loans to try them out, since not all tweaks work the same in different setups. So come'on guys, help me out here, more STAX-head please!

Kachui, glad to hear you are enjoying the music now. :) In a few weeks time, I'd like to be saying the same...being contented and start enjoying the music.

Kachui, glad to hear you are enjoying the music now. :) In a few weeks time, I'd like to be saying the same...being contented and start enjoying the music.

no no no.... in a few weeks time, your journey just begin :grin:

the first tweak for you sir is Acoustic Revive Quartz resonator QR-8

placing QR-8 onto an agenda (such as plug, connector, equipment switch, equipment housing etc) which causes resonance, the resonance frequency of agenda changes and it stops any resonation.

the sound quality of the audio system gets filled with a feeling of throbbing pulse and intonation.

IPB Image

Good post Kachui. :rclxms:

Thanks. :D

I think both you guys did the right thing...doing lots of research and being patient in acquiring the equipments and tweaks you want. Patience is important in this journey, I think. I for one, have learnt an expensive lesson in my journey. Being impatient to get my rig up, I spent on equipments and tweaks impulsively, only to find some of them to be not suitable and then sold them off at a loss. :blush:

placing QR-8 onto an agenda (such as plug, connector, equipment switch, equipment housing etc) which causes resonance, the resonance frequency of agenda changes and it stops any resonation.

the sound quality of the audio system gets filled with a feeling of throbbing pulse and intonation.

IPB Image

X2

Reasonably priced tweak and a very effective one! :thumbup:

Edited by Kachui

IPB Image

:DD Checked! :thumbup:

no no no.... in a few weeks time, your journey just begin :grin:

x2. Still a very long way to go. But that's the fun part. :grin: