Stereo_Electronics

Share your audio tweaks

Just wondering, if you guys could only buy ONE tweak which would it be? Powercord, footers, CD demagnetiser, pulse generator etc.

Think I would get the Powercord. But for the items listed, the CD demagnetiser and Pulse generator that we know of are from Acoustic Revive and each cost around $550 or more now due to the exchange rate. As for powercord and footers, there are many to choose from...especially powercord; thus price-performance ratio will certainly come into play for these two items.

The most important is still powercord, follow by interconnects, footer and rest of the tweaks.

a bit slow to reply to this but Kachui post on "it all about the music" has given me plenty to think about.

with so many things to upgrade and tweaks, all costing pretty much(in terms of my spending power). where can one find the end point in audio? i always said to my friends who are not in this hobby that it is a dark hole, once in cannot see a way out. :cry:

anyway being on a limited spending power in a way has led me enjoy the music more than enjoying the equipment which i am thankful for and with a semi decent setup for home rig coupled with less auditioning, makes it much easier to resist the unseen force of gravitational pull of the dark hole of audio.

having said all that thou, still on the search for a replacement cdp for my 1 cd per night cdp. :sweat:

i want a Sony CDP-557ESD! :wub:

Edited by hellfire112

The most important is still powercord, follow by interconnects, footer and rest of the tweaks.

Agree, which is why I emptied my wallet on some new ones.

Agree, which is why I emptied my wallet on some new ones.

Hi Jig_sg,

What did you get a powerchord or a footer. Waiting for some one to share a Taoc footer. lol! :whistle:

a bit slow to reply to this but Kachui post on "it all about the music" has given me plenty to think about.

with so many things to upgrade and tweaks, all costing pretty much(in terms of my spending power). where can one find the end point in audio? i always said to my friends who are not in this hobby that it is a dark hole, once in cannot see a way out. :cry:

anyway being on a limited spending power in a way has led me enjoy the music more than enjoying the equipment which i am thankful for and with a semi decent setup for home rig coupled with less auditioning, makes it much easier to resist the unseen force of gravitational pull of the dark hole of audio.

having said all that thou, still on the search for a replacement cdp for my 1 cd per night cdp. :sweat:

i want a Sony CDP-557ESD! :wub:

I agree with you, and as Kidult has mentioned earlier, how deep we fall into the dark hole is limited by our budget. But then, depending on our financial means, the depth of the black hole is relative to each one of us, I guess (some of the guys here, the cost of their rigs will squeeze me into nothingness!). Err...this is sounding more like a discussion on black hole and Einstein theory of relativity, huh?

Well, anyway, good luck on your CDP-557ESD...hope you find enough "energy" to make the next quantum leap soon. :))

Edited by Kachui

Hi Jig_sg,

What did you get a powerchord or a footer. Waiting for some one to share a Taoc footer. lol! :whistle:

@Jig-sg, did you get the TITE-35S footers? Kidult and I each have one of them to let go...waiting for another owner to let go of one (since we need three only), so we can sell them together, that's if you want to. Jojo, you interested? :grin:

still waiting for some qi-cones!haha,want sell?

Hey...thought there was a set for sale in echoloft...somebody pointed it out to you yesterday, I think.

yeah,thanks to jojo...but looking for 2 sets in total for now...so just try my luck...if i gotten cdp,then i need 3 sets..haha,anw...i can wait for it i guess.care to share with me how the qicone help as a tweak in the amp?

yeah,thanks to jojo...but looking for 2 sets in total for now...so just try my luck...if i gotten cdp,then i need 3 sets..haha,anw...i can wait for it i guess.care to share with me how the qicone help as a tweak in the amp?

I am using the Qi Cones on my Preamp and its power supply. They were made without any attached footers; thus naturally footers are needed and the Qi Cones are specially made for TS Lim's products. Placements of the Qi Cones are very important, I guess Nofing must have taught you how to place them when he sold you the Diva amp.

Edited by Kachui

oh,he haven tell me how to place them because i do not even have one set for now...so yah...any help will be great appreciated...i am gg to get 2 sets for power supply and amp too...but seemed damn difficult to find one set ...maybe you can show pic of how to do it..picture speak a thousand words....haha

@Jig-sg, did you get the TITE-35S footers? Kidult and I each have one of them to let go...waiting for another owner to let go of one (since we need three only), so we can sell them together, that's if you want to. Jojo, you interested? :grin:

Count me in! :thumbup:

No prob. For the power supply you can also take a look of other footers such as Taoc & Acoustic Revive. I found different types of footers have different advantages too. =)

No, not yet. But will be, hopefully by this weekend.

Since, Jojo confirmed, we have found our man!

Will notify when I have them.

Hi Jig_sg,

Powercord.. :grin:

Edited by jig_sg