Morgan Wu

MO: eBook Reader (The eSlick)

Foxit eSlick eBook Reader powered by E-Ink technology

IPB Image

Hi everyone,

I am offering to take orders for the Foxit eSlick eBook Reader, a portable novel-sized reading device that allows you to read your eBooks, documents, anything at all.

The company Foxit produces one of the best LIGHTWEIGHT PDF Reader for Windows, and is the best alternative to the Adobe Reader to read your PDF documents.

And they have come up with the eSlick, combining their PDF technology with an ebook reading device.

---

For those who have yet to heard about the Amazon Kindle, the eBook reading device that has taken US by storm, the eSlick uses the exact same technology, minus the DRM lockdown.

Its 6" E-Ink (otherwise known as ePaper) reads off just like paper! And thats not all, the e-Ink screen does not use any energy to display, but only sips energy when a page change (refresh) is needed. That way, average battery life extends around 2 weeks, depending on usage.

Of course, we are more than willing to allow you to sample the units, as we are currently making arrangements to have the eSlick displayed in a few retail outlets. But from now till then, you can make arrangements with us to sample the demo units we have as and when we are free.

And believe me reading enthusiasists, you will love this device :)

For more information, check out: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/ebook/

---

PRICE

The street price of the eSlick eBook reader is SGD$499.

As an introductory promotion, we are now offering it at SGD$419 , a downpayment of SGD$50 is required to guarantee your order. We will make a mass order everytime we have up to 5 orders.

---

Warranty

We will be offering 1 year limited warranty. 90 days for parts and labor. Warranty is provided by the official reseller of Foxit in Singapore. The company will provide a one to one exchange on the spot (subjected to availability of units).

---

Bundle

- We will be bundling the entire eSlick device with 450 FREE eBooks, and Calibre, a eBook management utility that you can sync your eSlick with. You may request the book list from me. I also have a list of website that provide free eBooks for download, you may also request the list from me.

---

Contact

You can post here on the thread and I will check it frequently and answer any queries you guys might have.

Or otherwise you can contact me at minhan@desinix.com .

---

Method of Payment

Cash or Internet Banking

---

Duration

There is no fixed date for the validity of the MO. The MO will end every time there are 5 orders. I will post a new MO each time the previous one end until the official reseller in Singapore discontinue this offer.

---

CONFIRMED ORDER LIST

1) rikyuuu

2) peanut

3) jason

4) meng

5)

UNCONFIRMED ORDER LIST

1)

2)

---

Some Background Information

I am a very good friend of the boss of Desinix Co., whom has painstakingly obtained the official reseller ship of Foxit eSlick. As a IT gadget geek, i am of course more than happy to test some sample units for him.

It is very good.

Since he is unsure of the Singapore market's reaction, and i love this forum so much, i requested him to give me the right to conduct an MO for him at SGHeadphones.

Its a win-win situation here, he get the statistics he want (i would be keeping track of the no. of views and the actually confirmations for him), and you lovely guys at SGHeadphones get a nice discount off a very great gadget (and arguably one technology that has the most potential to change our lives again in the future).

Some pictures i took when i am trying it out.

IPB Image

IPB Image

As thin as a pen.

IPB Image

Photo taken with camera flash off.

IPB Image

Photo taken with camera flash on. Notice that the screen is still clear and highly readable. In fact, the brighter the surroundings (under the sun), the better the words look!

IPB Image

Comic test.

IPB Image

Jap character test.

IPB Image

Chinese character test.

IPB Image

Jurassic park, one of my favorites.

The pictures below would be of interests of you professors out there who read journals regularly :)

IPB Image

Journal in original PDF.

IPB Image

After using the reflow function on the eSlick.

IPB Image

When journal is saved as .text and read as text.

IPB Image

Free BBC full content news paper. Download able from feedbooks.com.

IPB Image

Example of how it looks in the newspaper.

IPB Image

A eBook from feedbooks.com. This picture was captured at the instance the screen was refreshing. Hence the inverted colors.

IPB Image

How the book looks like inside.

Order now before it appears in the retail shops without the offer!

Edited by Morgan Wu