kookie

soldering fume extractor?

Is it necessary? Well, I think a well ventilated room with a fan to blow a way the fumes is just as good. If you use aircon room to solder in, then I worry for you. Don't know if the Weller fume extractor has carbon filter to absorb the lead.

Is it necessary? Well, I think a well ventilated room with a fan to blow a way the fumes is just as good. If you use aircon room to solder in, then I worry for you. Don't know if the Weller fume extractor has carbon filter to absorb the lead.

well i work in aircon environment.. = and lately i've being getting real bad headaches..100 bucks is a well spent if i can reduce that toxic fume in the air i guess..i guess i better ask them first if it has carbon filter

p.s, yea it does have carbon activated filter control

Edited by kookie

I agree with you kookie. $100 is a small price to pay for health. If you solder in an enclosed room, please use the fume extractor.

Guest jacj6049

as long as ya never tarik kuat kuat when the fume comes out,ya'll ok!!ha...by the way,i'm solder all day long for almost 8 years.....

as long as ya never tarik kuat kuat when the fume comes out,ya'll ok!!ha...by the way,i'm solder all day long for almost 8 years.....

my friend that's like saying "i dun smoke" so i won't die of lung cancer :P , i suppose you must be in a well ventilated industrial enviroment since you solder all day long? :thumbup:

Guest jacj6049

haha,yup!!a 22" inch industrial fan blow me all day long!!hahaha,but at night i wont use fan,cos tat's too noisy!!by the way,i think giant super market got sells a really cute,small desk top fan!!!it's about 4~5 inch,i think it's suitable for soldering,