Hello guys! I'm so happy to know that there is actually a headphone

forum site here hosted in Singapore. But i'm from Malaysia and that

is close enough.

I have some questions, i see that some of you here do have the Meta

amp, so i was wondering did you build/DIY it yourself? Or did you just

buy them from Head-Fi??

I'm a DIYer and i've built the Cmoy and also the Erix47 V.2.0. Now i'm in

the process of building the Meta amp.

Rameish: How did you like your Meta amp compared to others??

danlaix,

First it is not my META 42. It belongs to a fellow member who got someone to build it using premium parts (for META 42 that is) using Neutrick jack, Cadas Rodium RCA, Elna Cerafine caps, Vishay-Dale resistors and a real Alps Blue (there are fakes using a Soundwell Pot with Alps sticker). This is a proper META 42 (circuit board) extra buffering etc (almost completely Maxed out).

The META has some grounding problems I think as there's an intermitten hum. I found it to be bright but I think an op amp swith from BB to an AD part helps - i believe the dual op amp varient of the AD8610 (AD8620 I think). Have to check the part numbers - memory ain't so good, does give it more fullness/weight and warmth..

As for comparing with the Corda, you really need to give it a listen. As the Corda Rep in Singapore my comments on it would obviously be negated. So trust your ears. As all Corda amps have both 120 ohm and 0 ohm jacks and natural crossfeed (not all crossfeed circuits are the same) it is my opnion that Corda has an advantage (the part quality and build quality is of course excellent - Telma transformer, Alps Blue pot, extruded aluminum case (ie one piece with aluminum fron and back plates - aluminum is a more expensive material used to minimise magnetic build up as compared to sheet metal) The caps are also of very high quality and thus offer a good balance of professional design and choice parts for the price. They also come with a 2-year warrenty direct from the Manufacturer.

How timely. I've just finished my Meta42 yesterday. I ordered the parts from Tangent, his PCB is very well done and compact.

Here're some shots of my Meta42, http://www.pbase.com/jtfoo/meta42

I gave up on any wallwart powersupply including Laptop power supply and use batteries instead. For long lasting batteries, I went for Seal Lead Acid battery. No hum. But there'a a slight hum when I use a AC power CD player, Rotel CD1070. I solve it by grounding the Vol pot housing.

First impression, is the dynamics of the amp is very good. Much better than the apheared47(OPA 2134). THe Bass is strong and low which I attribute it to the the 1.5uF DC blocking cap.

Had a brief chance to use it as a preamp on my stereo setup. And for that short moment I thought I liked the speed and dynamic of the Meta42 preamp. It may well replace my AKSA tube preamp, but I need more time to evaluate that.

jtfoo, nice work on the amp. A total of 10 EL2001??!! Where did you get the EL2001 and also the AD8620?? Did you order them together with the board from Tangent?

And i would like to know also where did u get the Neutrick jack?

How long did it take for the Meta board to arrived??

I thought of just building the amp on a normal breadboard, using the

OPA2134 as i couldnt find the AD8620 here in M'sia.

What do you think?

Rameish, how much is the Corda amp?

How does it sound with the SR-80. I'm using the SR-80.

I got my PCBs, AD8620+Adapter, EL2001s all from Tangent. Took about 5 working days to reach S'pore. The EL2001s are cheaper with Tangent when I compare them to RS components & Farnell. Tangent do sell the parts without the PCBs, if you intend to do them on a breadboard.

My jack is a brandless imitation of Neutrik. Got some problem with contacts, but manage to fix it. Got it from SLT at only $2.50.

Edited by jtfoo

5 working days? What kind of postal service is it? USPS Global Priority Mail?

Or is it USPS Express Mail??

It should normally take longer for Global Priority Mail? I waited like 2 weeks for some package to arrive from US using GPM.

I found the Neutrik jack here in RS Component, selling for RM 24.00....its damn expensive.

Had mine built by JMT originally with Neutrik socket, Alps pot, v.2.0 board, AD8620 op-amp & double stacked EL2001 etc. At the moment it is being upgraded to near MAXED OUT by KurtW, quad EL2002 & some other tweaks & mods. I don't trust myself well enough at the moment to carry out any kind of soldering work!