Sign in to follow this  
beetlez

Earplugs to sleep in

Can anyone recommend where to get a pair of Effective Earplugs that is comfortable to sleep in?

I need one that can block out noise effectively and is comfortable to sleep in. I'm current using the foam kind from guardian pharmacy. It is comfortable, but not so effective in blocking noise.

I don't think there is anything which can totally isolate from noise. In a plane for example, I will use a low level of soothing music to block the sound from the engines and the stupid call chimes.

What sound are you trying to block while sleeping?

If you've got the cash to spare, you can try making custom earplugs. Isolation ought to be quite decent.

I use my UM56 with a bit of Blu-tack sometimes, and moldable wax plugs at other times.

custom earplugs are the way to go imo - they are the most comfortable, reduce the most noise and won't fall out when you are asleep.

I got mine in the UK for 160 GBP so wouldn't be surprised if they cost around 3-400 SGD here.

Just a bit of advice, it's not a good practice to do so. The earplugs will keep your ear canal warm and moist. Perfect breeding ground for bacteria and viruses. Perhaps a bit of soothing, ambient music played over speakers at very low levels would do better?

Just a bit of advice, it's not a good practice to do so. The earplugs will keep your ear canal warm and moist. Perfect breeding ground for bacteria and viruses. Perhaps a bit of soothing, ambient music played over speakers at very low levels would do better?

Yes this will happen!

I used to Use the 3M ear plugs from my work place.

Even if you wash or change plugs everyday.

eventually there will be a buildup.

so unless you clear your ear at least once a week when using plugs regularly

try the 3M ear plugs.

(3M Ear Plugs are good mods for Ultimate Ears too)

Edited by Xn2