Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

Where to go get your ear tested

What you need is an ENT (ear, nose and throat) surgeon who will then send you to an audiologist for a sound test. Maybe you just got wax? See your GP first before you plong down big bucks for the ENT surgeon.

u can go to Multitech Products,Digital Hearing Aid Products located at Paragon #06-04/05. U should go quickly before you turn deaf, the last time i went, i was declared half dear on my right ear. and i thought my mp3 sounds funny.

Find urself "huh-ing" often? thats a sign man.

Not excessive use...more like listening at too loud a level. Ever experience hearing what someone is listening to in an mrt as it is travelling underground even though he or she is a couple of seats away? That is too loud and will cause hearing loss over a period of time.

Edited by chynakym

Go to a professional Centre at Ngee Ann City. They have all the equipment to do a throrough check.

www.hearingaid.com.sg.

I'm not sure if shops which sell hearing aids let you do a free checkup with no strings attached, though. They might even have a vested interest in convincing you that something is wrong when it's only a minor problem, just so that you'll buy a hearing aid from them. I think the best bet would be to schedule an appointment at a nearby hospital. It'll be under the ENT (Ear Nose Throat) department, more specifically the "Audiometry" section. The cost is quite reasonable even without referral - mine cost around $25 (thankfully nothing wrong with my ears, so I was very happy to pay, anyway.)

Edited by david.chew