Sign in to follow this  
Mr_X

testing ultrasone

Hello all,

would like to test out ultrasone headphones.

But dunno which shops sell ultrasone headphones and allow testing.

Thanks for the help.

Saw ultrasones for demo in a shop in basement of Parklane Shopping Mall, in Selegie Road. This shop sells guitars and lots of pro studio equipment. I think they are also distributor for M-Audio.

Edited by heady

thanks for the replies.

Odean at Monsoon? Is it the one where there is a high class chinese restaurant?

Parklane shopping center is it a small book shop or is it opposite this comic book shop?

Can i test the headphones at these 2 places?

thanks again.

The various configurations handle music very differently even thought they all have the S-Logic design. Some are monitor phones while others are more home phones. The highest is the Edition 9. It is simply very good....best of both worlds and more. It is the only headphone that I have listened to that I can throw any type of music into and it sound right to me, even music that I previously did not care for.

I have the iCans, Proline 2500 and the UE9.

Edited by slwiser

sounds like a very interesting set of phones to try. Have yet to try one. Still keeping my options open. Actually, i m quite interested to try the HFI-700/650.

I believe Jaben also stocks a few of the Ultrasones

Wow, the UE9 has had quite a reputation of being rather exclusive, given it's price. It's been compared by a reviewer (on headfi), to be a bit lower than the SR007, (though that is probably purely subjective).

The previous ultra-exclusive Ultrasone is the Edition 7, which was even more expensive than the Edition 9, and looked rather cheap (to me).

Those here (on Head-Fi.org) that have both the UE7 and UE9 have said that after burn-in (~500 hours) there is little if any difference between them how they sound.

IPB Image

Edited by slwiser

Guest dragonboy

Bought my Ultrasone ED9 from stereo for abt $2k. Though they stock a wide range of headphones, they only stock the Ultrasone Ed9 ..... in fact the last time I bought it, I remember they have a carton of Ed9.... about 10 pcs of ED9!!!!!!

I wonder how many they had sold in S'pore? I had seen customers from M'sia, vietnam, thailand buying top end headphones and earphones without trying!!!! Guess that's why they're at Woodlands. :think:

That super ex for a pair of headphones... is it really that fantastic compare to the HD650

Guest dragonboy

If you own the Ed9, it will be difficult for you to put on the hd650 again. That's how good! :lust:

hi, is there a Ultrasone warranty centre here in Sg too?

Stereo just get me to send back to them if it's down. They'll take care of it.

If you own the Ed9, it will be difficult for you to put on the hd650 again. That's how good! :lust:

Stereo just get me to send back to them if it's down. They'll take care of it.

but what if my ultrasone does not have warranty anymore, i juz wanna know how much would be for the repairs too~ it would be best if can contact ultrasone sg warranty directly?

but what if my ultrasone does not have warranty anymore, i juz wanna know how much would be for the repairs too~ it would be best if can contact ultrasone sg warranty directly?

I would suggest you contact Ultrasone Germany directly and see what they say, manufacturer service is usually better and you might even walk away with a free repair and only buy for freight charges.