Sign in to follow this  
nexski

IEM earphone recommendation

Hi all, still rather new to high end IEM earphone thus need advice from guru here. I am currently using a pair of Sony EX70 earphone feeding from an IPOD 3G. Had been using Sony and Audio-Technica IEM for a while and is looking to upgrade my existing earphone. I am keen on earphone from Shure, Etymotic or Ultimate Ear. My budget is about $200 bucks, can anyone enlighten me on which earphone to get? Thanks

these are all good brands, and different people will prob give different recommendations to their taste. Why don't you just go down to either Jaben or Stereo Electronics? I believe they carry the brands you are looking at, and you can try them all until you're happy with one... :cans:

Go down and visit either shop. They have a wide range of IEM you can try on. Heres a list of IEM $100-$200 : E2C (SE210), IM716, UM1, Metro 2, Super.Fi 3, ATH-CK7. May miss out some so best you go down and check it out yourself. Theres also the Mylar and OVC if u like their sound signature.

Go down and visit either shop. They have a wide range of IEM you can try on. Heres a list of IEM $100-$200 : E2C (SE210), IM716, UM1, Metro 2, Super.Fi 3, ATH-CK7. May miss out some so best you go down and check it out yourself. Theres also the Mylar and OVC if u like their sound signature.

May i know where is Jaben and Stereo Electronics? My existing sony is pretty ok, but feel sound insolation is not that good thus look for a better IEM. My choices of music range from pop, trance and jazz would like something that is a tad on the bass side. Any recommendation.

i've used the sony EX71 before... they're ok, until you compare them to something else... :)

Jaben is located in Adelphi, Stereo is located in Causeway Point

My choices of music range from pop, trance and jazz would like something that is a tad on the bass side. Any recommendation.

Ok then I can say that you won't want to look at etymotics, which are very bass light.

If you like bassy songs, then give Beyer DTX50 an audition at Jaben Network. The bass is :thumbup: I feel that the DTX50 bass is punchy and strong, much better than SF5eb.

If you like bassy songs, then give Beyer DTX50 an audition at Jaben Network. The bass is :thumbup: I feel that the DTX50 bass is punchy and strong, much better than SF5eb.

x2

heh heh heh, basshead, wait till you try a SF5EB with a portaphile....

the bass goes way deeper and is punches so much harder than the DTX50 :))

TS: for $200, the UE3, Mylar X3, shure E2 should be within your range. go try them out at any of the stores that the other members listed.

Mylar3 only available at jaben :))

Hmm haven't heard much about Jays. Are they available locally? I'd still think the Mylar range makes for a better buy.

heh heh heh, basshead, wait till you try a SF5EB with a portaphile....

the bass goes way deeper and is punches so much harder than the DTX50 :))

TS: for $200, the UE3, Mylar X3, shure E2 should be within your range. go try them out at any of the stores that the other members listed.

Mylar3 only available at jaben :))

I have not tried that yet, so no comments :)) But right now I am really loving my DTX50, especially when listening to bass heavy songs :thumbup:

Hmm haven't heard much about Jays. Are they available locally? I'd still think the Mylar range makes for a better buy.

Stereo Electronics used to have them and there's a local guy bringing in some d-Jays & s-Jays too here.

Yeah, agree that the Mylars are value for money.

Edited by flashlight