Sign in to follow this  
niccon

Which earphone for vocal?

I listen mostly to female vocal & like clarity. My budget is about S$500 but of cos I dun wan to pay for an overkill only what I need or pay too much for a little improvement. Where is the best place to get so that I pay reasonable price.

TIA

Places to test Stereo Electronics at causeway point and Jaben at adelphi. For female vocals and clarity, it would really depend on your ears. Personally, I find AT does well in those 2 areas hence would recommend ck9. Can't really think of anything else that would fit your requirements so I'll leave the others to suggest. Best you can do for yourself is go and test it out at SE or Jaben. $500 can go a long way...Or vanish in a blink if you get poisoned...Enjoy!

Places to test Stereo Electronics at causeway point and Jaben at adelphi. For female vocals and clarity, it would really depend on your ears. Personally, I find AT does well in those 2 areas hence would recommend ck9. Can't really think of anything else that would fit your requirements so I'll leave the others to suggest. Best you can do for yourself is go and test it out at SE or Jaben. $500 can go a long way...Or vanish in a blink if you get poisoned...Enjoy!

Just wan to shortlist potential b4 heading for test. Yup, 500 :shocking: is a lot to me that y need advise :helpsmilie: .

Edited by niccon

Both Aron and Uncle Wilson will definitely help you in that aspect (of shortlisting and recommending).

Stereo Electronics - Causeway Point

Jaben - Adelphi (opposite Funan IT mall)

I think the Shure E4 (or its current equivalent) or Westone UM2 would be good. I think you could get a custom (LiveWire) at this price as well (from Jaben).

EDIT: Wow. An "anti-climaxical" 1000th post

Edited by aaron-xp

How about stretch a bit and try the UE triplefi 10 pro? $500+

aaron-xp: congrats. :)

Provided it is value for money and it is wat I need, it is worth to consider.

The Shure E4 is definitely sweet for vocals. E500 too. Haven't tried the SE420 yet though.

Bad vocals sound reasonable, good vocals sound angelic.

Your budget is at the point where people normally start considering paying a lot more to get a little improvement.

Try the Etymotic ER4S or the ER4P.

These IEM are very detailed and clear and my favourite IEM for vocals. Check out the reviews in the Internet.

I also enjoy listening to female vocals and the ER4S together with the Xin Supermacro 4 headphone amp is IMHO one of the best. No point settling for something less then spend again to upgrade.

You can get these ER4S or ER4P for around S$350, incl postage from Amazon.com or other internet vendors. It will cost a lot more if you buy it in S'pore.

You may have to use the vpost to ship it to S'pore unless you have somebody in US who can send it to you.

If you want to try it out, PM me.

I also have the UM2 & the Shure E500 but I still think the ER4S is better, but you can try it out. The UM2 is <S$500 locally and the Shure is abt S$500 if ordered thru Internet.

Of course if you don't like IEM and want the full size headphones, then try Grado or Sennheiser 600. I got the AKG701 for slightly more than $500 thru the Internet and you may also consider that. These headphones would need a headphone amp to drive it.

UE triplefi10pro is a very good iem not only for vocal but IMO classical too.

Westone um2 might not suit your taste since it's slightly heavier on the bass, or maybe it could be just me.

Etymotic ER-4p/s and Shure E4c/g is excellent for vocal but for $500, I'll stretch for something better.

Thanks for so many inputs.

I going for the best my good 500 can fetch, of cos can stretch a little more for a 1 time buy. Btw how long can a earphone last if i take good care of it?

I am new to headphone is their performance better than IEM for the same price?

I choose IEM cos for home/road use but I suddenly realised I listen more at home than on the road, 70/30 ratio.

if you normally use it at home, then i suggest u get a headphone, as it is not as portable as earphones or IEMs.

if u dun mind open headphones, go for the grado 325i or alessandro ms2 but around ur price range

if you normally use it at home, then i suggest u get a headphone, as it is not as portable as earphones or IEMs.

if u dun mind open headphones, go for the grado 325i or alessandro ms2 but around ur price range

Thanks. Got a earphone & headphone already.