a6laze

Ear impressions

I would like to get ear impressions done for customs.

Can anyone recommend good audiologists?

Does anyone know of audiologists in government organizations? This would be preferable as I'm doing NS and would have the fees absorbed.

Please don't ask me to go to Jaben or something to do it as I would prefer to engage a professional to set my mind at ease.

Thanks.

Edited by a6laze

yes i would second direcow's statement. i guess yeah not ordering your customs from jaben? mm, but if you are ordering from them, i think you can set your mind at ease! think only 2 ppl at jaben do the impressions. Mr Wilson and his assistant Gabriel. heard that jaben paid good money in order to master the impression-moulding skill. so you can be at ease when they do your impressions for you!

There is an audiologist at Ngee Ann City that makes excellent impressions as well. Several forum members who ordered from a certain other member ;) had their impressions made there. Although I used Jaben and Gabriel did an excellent job, I believe they don't do impressions anymore when you order from someone else.

Edited by Singapura

ngee ann city...

ACE hearing... good stuff. 40 bucks for impressions..

and yeah Jaben doesn't do it for non customers.

Best to go for qualify audiologists. Don't take risk for this kind of stuff. Once damage, your ears cant be repair. Something that money can't buy.

Edited by ical

There is an audiologist at Ngee Ann City that makes excellent impressions as well. Several forum members who ordered from a certain other member ;) had their impressions made there. Although I used Jaben and Gabriel did an excellent job, I believe they don't do impressions anymore when you order from someone else.

they do actually...for $50 sadly....i have one audiologist.raffle hotel or something...very near to cityhall mrt....it is located at a hotel which is near cityhall...dunno what hotel....i did my impression at $30 a pair only and they are professional!nth can goes wrong i would say?jaben,sorry to say...i know some case where the customer's custom dun fit nicely into the ears.... :sweat:

they do actually...for $50 sadly....i have one audiologist.raffle hotel or something...very near to cityhall mrt....it is located at a hotel which is near cityhall...dunno what hotel....i did my impression at $30 a pair only and they are professional!nth can goes wrong i would say?jaben,sorry to say...i know some case where the customer's custom dun fit nicely into the ears.... :sweat:

so does your customs fits perfectly?

Was recommended Digisound. Cost about $60+

Not sure how good they are, haven done my impression yet.

in the end,ended up with hfi780 aron mod for portable now...no iem or custom....ears have some problem,so not making...but i think that the service is very nice,free drink and all..briefing on how they will do the impression for you too...

some audiologists, like the one at taka (back then), might not be sure about custom earphones, so you should go in deciding whether you want to have a close, open, or half opened mould. Maybe bring your own bite block, cos biting your hand (like me) can cause things to shift.

where exactly is this place which does impression for $30? mind giving me the address? thanks!

there is a hotel near cityhall mrt!super near one...that is the location...can someone who know the location of some hotel tell him?sorry..not good with the route and places in singapore actually....

where exactly is this place which does impression for $30? mind giving me the address? thanks!

should be the one at taka, ace hearing.

he can get quite busy sometimes ( 1 person job, sharing his receptionist with a few other offices)...

unless of course he's raised his prices.