Sign in to follow this  
sky140885

Newbie needs help..

Hi All,

I'm very new to this whole audiophile thingy, and had read through as much as I could in this forum.

However I still do not understand certain things, please pardon my ignorance.

I just got a new notebook - HP Dv6 entertainment notebook. I only use my notebook mainly to listen to music and i'm actually quite particular about sound quality.

First, I have an extensive library of mp3 songs, how can I convert these to FLAC? Is ripping from the CD the only way to get FLAC format? Any other alternatives for me?

Next, any recommended media player as I have been using Window Media Player all this while?

Lastly, come to speaker, I have read about some 2.1 speakers in this forum, and where can I find Aego M and how much is it now? How about Creative T20? Actually, sound quality is important for me but I do have some constraint on the space on my desk.

Thank you all for your help and time!

Best,

Sky

A2? I don't know much about this.. How does it compared with T20? And, where can I get it? How much is it? Thinking of getting the speaker over this weekend.

First, I have an extensive library of mp3 songs, how can I convert these to FLAC? Is ripping from the CD the only way to get FLAC format? Any other alternatives for me?

Only way unless you manage to get a download for it.

Next, any recommended media player as I have been using Window Media Player all this while?

Some use foobar2k, some iTunes, some wmp. Depends on your preferences.