Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alphonse

iBasso D2 and GoVibe Petite. Which is better?

Guest Alphonse

As the topic says, which is better? Thanks alot guys. I'm kinda new to this so need some opinion on this 2. Thanks a million :D

yep, you got to listen to them first...

The non-dac version of Petite sell for only $150, but since you are comparing it to iBasso D2 which has a DAC, so I assume you are talking about the the Petite+DAC version.

I can't tell you much about D2 since I don't own it, but i have the D3 which is only $69 more than the govibe petite+dac.

I owned the petite+dac little more than 1 month before selling it to upgrade to D3. Petite is too "petite" to offer any real performance.

D3 sounds so much better, can use as dedicated dac, more driving power, better design, plus spare screws and an additional enclosure (one silver, one black) is supplied for you to swap around to see which color u prefer. Everything about D3 spells quality, from its circuit board to enclosure design.

then again, who noes, you may like the petite sound better, so its better to listen listen first:) Petite has got its plus for being, well petite. Changing the gain setting for headphone through jumper is tedious and noise floor is very high on the higher gain setting. Not so on the D3.

Think about it this way, if you buy the Petite+DAC for $250 (the retail price last time i check), you are spending $250 for a $150 amp, but if you buy the iBasso D3, you are paying $319 for an amp that can fight with RSAs in the $500~$600 mark (google for reviews). Some even commented that D3 sounds even better than Predator. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/predato...asso-d3-375457/

You can't go wrong with the D3.

It rivals everything comparable and is 1/2 the price.

note: you have seen many pple selling petites in the forum to "Upgrade" but u seldomly see the same of D2 or D3 unless it is to another iBasso product.

Edited by weikiat