Sign in to follow this  
Guest drumma

cMOY question! pls help me!!

Guest drumma

Hi all, i've been wanting to do a DIY amp myself and i hope that u guys can help me.. dun ask me why i want to do a cMOY k? laugh.gif, thanks.

i hope that u guys can help me with this topic.

Firstly, i don't know what are the things needed to build a cMOy? so any kind souls mind listing it down for me? i'm quite blurred when i read tangentsoft.. yah? thanks!

Secondly, there's this schemetic(correct me if i'm wrong) i always see in cMOY threads.. it's this diagram with 5 resistors and one opamp(if i'm not wrong) in the centre.. so is it that i follow the diagram and solder those in the circuit board?

Thirdly, is there a recommended gain for certain impedance headphones? is it like gain level 11 for >120ohms headphones and 5 for <120? pls guide me and correct me i'm wrong.

thanks in advance for all the help!

cheerios,

Li Ji

Hi drumma, you must search for the type of perf board used in the Tangent which is hard to find in Singapore. I found using the type with straight copper strips easiest to use but you need to have a way to cut the strips where you don't want it to connect.

If you are doing this first time, better to stick to the gain used for the example, ie gain of 11. Later when you are better, you can try changing the gain.

Just my 0.02 worth. happy.gif

Guest drumma

okies.. can u guide me like tell me what PCB(where can i get) should i use and the things needed like what capacitors, resistors or what?

thanks alot!

Drumma,

Please dont use gain of 11, it's overkill. ppth.gif

check this out: kicking.gif

Dual Opamp

user posted image

Singale Opamp

user posted image

For 1st timer, i would recommend to work with Single Opamp. the reason is the soldering points are not so concentrated at one region (around the opamp).

I would not recommend copper strips board, unless you have a hand drill to cut the copper path. (i have hard time to work with it yucky.gif )

Pls buy high quality parts for your amp, it's easier to work with.

Edited by huangyong

huangyong,

I think the volume pot wired wrongly... Input should be on the right most pin, gnd on the left most pin. Unless you're the unconvetional type who like to up the volume with anti-clockwise turn.

Guest drumma

sorries if this is a very silly qns. what do i use to connect to the battery to the opamps and everything? wires? i dun quite understand ur circuit huangyong, is it using a board or something?what does it mean by single to dual adapter?

thanks

Edited by drumma

I copy that from headwize.com.. tongue.gif

Someone from headwize must have like to turn anti-clockwise to up the volume. Anyway the sijosae's connection is the correct for normal people, IN to the right most pin, GND to the left most pin, with the shaft orientation on top.

Which one are you refering to?

i think i posted too many pics, quite confusing.. but a pic can tell a thousand words.. tongue.gif

the layout by Sijosae is using perfboard, which has holes only.

what does it mean by single to dual adapter?

if you want to use single opamps(e.g OPA627) on the layout provided by Sijosae, you need to use the adapter to convert 2 single channel opamps into one dual channel opamp.

Edited by huangyong

Which one are you refering to?

i think i posted too many pics, quite confusing.. but a pic can tell a thousand words.. tongue.gif

The 1st two pictures that says 'Pocket Cmoy HDP'