Sign in to follow this  
ito

Plexcio acoustic interconnect short review

Manage to test the cables out finally after so long of working,ending up getting one of the performance range for my friend who like it alot,while collecting the LOD,the seller is kind enough to spare me some time off to test the whole range out,this is a short short review on my findings about the cables.

The vocalist range-sweet vocal,there is this glow in the vocal that make it heaven like,when used this interconnect to listen to females vocal especially,you know those heaven like sounding female songs?i see an angel singing infront of me while flying to the sky..haha

The bassist range-I personally feel that the bass is indeed very thick and there is a support for the mids and the highs,overall i find that this cable suit the basshead for sure and is a must try for all bass head,but the vocals might suffer A bit here but if you like bass a lot,this interconnect will not disappoint at all

The performance range-This cable have a nice balance overall,the Highs are there and the bass also,the mids also tend to come out more due to the balance sound signature of this interconnect.But please note that if you are an extremist for vocals or bass,this cable will not win the vocalist on the highs nor the bass on the bassist,that is why i guess there is these 3 models available from plexcio acoustic..

Manage to test the cables out finally after so long of working,ending up getting one of the performance range for my friend who like it alot,while collecting the LOD,the seller is kind enough to spare me some time off to test the whole range out,this is a short short review on my findings about the cables.

The vocalist range-sweet vocal,there is this glow in the vocal that make it heaven like,when used this interconnect to listen to females vocal especially,you know those heaven like sounding female songs?i see an angel singing infront of me while flying to the sky..haha

The bassist range-I personally feel that the bass is indeed very thick and there is a support for the mids and the highs,overall i find that this cable suit the basshead for sure and is a must try for all bass head,but the vocals might suffer A bit here but if you like bass a lot,this interconnect will not disappoint at all

The performance range-This cable have a nice balance overall,the Highs are there and the bass also,the mids also tend to come out more due to the balance sound signature of this interconnect.But please note that if you are an extremist for vocals or bass,this cable will not win the vocalist on the highs nor the bass on the bassist,that is why i guess there is these 3 models available from plexcio acoustic..

Just got my LOD from them too..really does a great job on the LOD.Highly recommended!

LOL. Good way of explaining.

Anyone tried the plexcio cable range out here?it is so quiet down here,some guys try them out,it is great sounding if you are looking for LOD,mini to mini cables i guess..looking forward to their upcoming RCA-RCA cable..Can't wait to try it out on my setup..

Anyone tried the plexcio cable range out here?it is so quiet down here,some guys try them out,it is great sounding if you are looking for LOD,mini to mini cables i guess..looking forward to their upcoming RCA-RCA cable..Can't wait to try it out on my setup..

I managed to grab the perf from my friend and the vocalist as a review set from Plexcio.

Perf my friend still burning in but the Vocalist is a definite bang for buck. The lower spectrum complements the mids and vocals perfectly.

The Performance was taken from me before I had the chance to fully try it - so here I am with a mini write-up about the Vocalist.

The vocals are impressively sweet and forward, yet it does not overwhelm the rest of the musical spectrum which was totally unexpected. Coming from a line of cryo coppers/silvers/ALO SXC/Crystal Piccolino/Singularity Gold, none of the above has a midrange as engaging as the Vocalist.

The highs and lows were pretty decent - good enough for most users who are looking at the Vocalist as perhaps a new entry or an alternate change of sound that has more emphasis on the mids/vocals.

Granted, the highs and lows could be alot better (IMO when compared against the bigger boys listed up there - the Crystal Piccolino and such) but taking into consideration their price vs performance ratio I'd say the Vocalist is the most bang for buck product at its price range.

As usual, YMMV and my views are strictly my personal one and I'm in no way affiliated to Plexcio Acoustics.

Just offering my thoughts on what I thought is a hidden gem. Now I'm wondering what happens if they modify an iPod with the materials in the Vocalist....

firstly let me express my gratitude to plexcio acoustics. a few days ago i had the oppurtunity to try out the performance ic and lod and i compared it to a valgrind lod i borrowed from a friend. my setup is 80gb imod + sonicaps + iqube v1, using ie8 earphones. ie8's bass dial is set to a minimum.

first impressions on listening were pretty much wow. for that price of a performance's lod, its definitely bang for buck. period.

the performance cables give a colder, more analytical sound compared to the warmer sound of the valgrind lod. on first listen, you will notice easily that soundstage of performance lod is somewhat smaller than that of the valgrind lod. it is also not as smooth as the midrange of valgrind.

however, the performance lod is more detailed and much, much more accurate than the valgrind lod in terms of sound reproduction. In the song "Wonderwall", guitar strings sound more like how they should sound when strummed(in real life) when listened through the performace lod, unlike the uber smooth warm guitar sound as reproduced by valgrind lod that's seemingly impossible to replicate in real life. In most of the other songs ive listened to during the audition, the performance cables wins easily in terms of detail.

another very noticeable difference is that the performance lod give tighter, deeper and more accurate control of bass throughout songs, as you will differentiate through the intro of "Bleeding Love".

for those on a tigher budget and looking for a quality lod/ic...these performance cables should definitely be at the top of your consideration.

Edited by 1n5ync