dalethorn

Logitech UE-6000 Noise Canceling Stereo Headphone review

Since Innerfidelity apparently made the Logitech 6000 their favorite closed headphone in Passive mode, I did a direct comparison to the v-moda M80. The M80 absolutely kills the 6000 in Passive mode. The M80 has a soft treble and the 6000 sounds like a blanket is over the speakers. The M80 has a neutral bass with a strong bottom end, and the 6000 is boomy beyond belief.

A trip to the Apple store tonight changed things. Their 6000 sounds good in passive mode, which means I have two defective 6000's in a row.

woah this is bad esp for ue reputation. i think u shud inform them

I did send them an inquiry about getting replacement parts like the detachable cable or earpads, and they said "Nothing is available."

have you burned in before comparing them?, that might be the reason of your set sounding different from the apple store's demo.

Edited by StereoHorse

have you burned in before comparing them?, that might be the reason of your set sounding different from the apple store's demo.

If you bought a headphone that changed by 20-30 db with burn-in, that would be unimaginably poor quality. Tyll's tests at Innerfidelity showed a 1 db change maximum, but I could allow 2 db myself - no more than that.

But answering your question directly, no - after a couple weeks of play time, no change.

Yesterday I checked Innerfidelity's frequency response measurement of the UE6000 in Passive mode and compared it to the Sennheiser HD800. Compared to the HD800, the UE6000's treble is down** the following amounts: -6 db at 3khz, -7 db at 4 to 5 khz, -11 db at 6 to 7 khz, and -9 db at 8 khz. The HD800 has a fairly strong treble that's not excessive, so at 6 key frequencies from 3 to 8 khz, the UE6000 is down an average of 8.5 db. Is that a lot? Yes, but it might be even worse. If you have a sample that varies from spec by 3 db (which is probably generous for a product with an iffy QC record), if you add a variance of 3 db to that you're then down an average of 11.5 db, which is very bad. If you subtract a variance of 3 db from that then you're only down an average of 5.5 db, which isn't quite as bad. And that's why it's important to have a tight spec, plus not be far off from a reasonable high fidelity standard, so the variances don't kill your sound. And it probably explains most of the review differences.

**For example, if the HD800's output at 5 khz is 6 db lower than its average midrange output and the UE6000's output at 5 khz is 9 db lower than its average midrange output, then the UE6000's output at 5 khz is down 3 db relative to the HD800.

Last thought: I don't know where Innerfidelity's UE6000 sample measurement falls among the samples being sold now. If their sample had treble output greater than the average sample, then the lower-than-average samples would be down twice as much as I speculated on. For example, you'll see in the All Measurements PDF that some of the famous brands which have measurements of two or more samples sometimes vary greatly in the measured responses.

had a listen to the ue4000 today its definitely good i would say musical with out any of the spectrum outdoing each other

the best part only cost ard 160 sgd