Sign in to follow this  
kwhv

Unpleasant experience with Stereo

Yes this may seems surprising. I must say I have bought quite a number of items from them and they have been great.

I'm writing this not to discredit them. I hope that this will be a learning experience for others, Stereo and myself.

I called Stereo (PS) this evening to enquire about the availability of an item. After a moment of asking and checking, a staff told me that it is in stock. So I went down from Jurong to PS to get the item. When I reach there, one of the staff told me no stock after searching the cabinet and store. I told him I called earlier and was told there were stock. So he notified the staff who took my call. He too look through the cabinet of boxes which are all empty.

They finally confirm they only had the display set. I ask to check Ion branch and also no stock. They didn't even apologise. I felt miserable and left the shop feeling that I've been fooled.

I now learn not to put too much trust on the staff, I would ask more persistently to get them check the boxes.

A note to Stereo: Get rid of those empty boxes in the cabinet. It's misleading to the staff that there's stock when they are all empty. They end up misleading customer and the customer end up wasting time and effort.

Edited by kwhv

Yes this may seems surprising. I must say I have bought quite a number of items from them and they have been great.

I'm writing this not to discredit them. I hope that this will be a learning experience for others, Stereo and myself.

I called Stereo (PS) this evening to enquire about the availability of an item. After a moment of asking and checking, a staff told me that it is in stock. So I went down from Jurong to PS to get the item. When I reach there, one of the staff told me no stock after searching the cabinet and store. I told him I called earlier and was told there were stock. So he notified the staff who took my call. He too look through the cabinet of boxes which are all empty.

They finally confirm they only had the display set. I ask to check Ion branch and also no stock. They didn't even apologise. I felt miserable and left the shop feeling that I've been fooled.

I now learn not to put too much trust on the staff, I would ask more persistently to get them check the boxes.

A note to Stereo: Get rid of those empty boxes in the cabinet. It's misleading to the staff that there's stock when they are all empty. They end up misleading customer and the customer end up wasting time and effort.

You should just call and say you want to reserve a set, that always works for me. Even if there was a set when you called doesn't necessary mean it wouldn't be bought by another customer from the time you call and arrive at their shop.