bluelagoon

farle overcharges headphones

hey guys...juz wanna share with u all my unpleasant incident .recently i bought denon 351 at farle (funan) .the retail price suppose to be $69 but i paid $250 for it! :angry: guys so beware of that shop.most of their earphones got no price tags.u got to check online b4 buying.juz my 2 cents worth..

farle(funan) has always been a reputable store and they are the in-house dealer of headphonehaven. where else, you are just a new member of this forum let alone giving a chance for farle to explain.

Not that I'm trying to cover them but if you can provide evidence, I'm willing to help you with this dispute.

If you know that the earphones are overpriced, why do you still buy it?

I happen to came across shops like jaben and they r selling at $69! Online is also the same price.I am not trying to make a nuisance here.I am here to share my unpleasant incident.u can try to buy their earphone n see what is the outcome

It will be good if you can scan the receipt and post it here.

Of course whether you are a new member or not really has nothing to do with anything.

Seriously, i smell a rat here.

Purposely creating a new account here just to defame farle. I've been a regular customer in farle and I've recommended plenty of friends and people over. Everyone is pleased with farle.

please show evidence else you are just as good as coming in to create trouble.

Edited by ahdui

I'm not taking a stand here. Just wana show both side of the story.

I patronize farle a couple of times. Most of time i'm greeted with due customer respect, thou not as friendly as stereo or jaben, but i find their price reasonable. And they are always willing to give discount if you are a geniue, sincere buyer.

However i did come across a staff who was pretty sacrastic to another customer.

Bottom line, i'd still patronize farle as with stereo, jaben or even headphone gallery. As long as i find the price is reasonable and i'm treated with respect. Of course good customer service works both ways too!

I thought the issue here is about overcharging than service.

Let's move on and consider this case closed if there's no proof from bluelagoon. Then the reason is obvious enough for starting this thread.

Edited by ical

Seriously, which shop in Singapore dare to price an item more than 3X the original local retail price? Unless they want to close shop, I doubt any shop will do it. And TS register just to make such accusation is very fishy. Fanboy of some shop?

Unless there is prove to show us, I doubt anyone will believe TS. I have been to farle a couple of time and their items are decently price.

Seriously, which shop in Singapore dare to price an item more than 3X the original local retail price? Unless they want to close shop, I doubt any shop will do it.

By sharing the following, I am not in anyway saying that the OP is credible or not, because I absolutely have no idea and no thus comment.

I was once charged twice the price for my very first pair headphones in Singapore. So that is possible, in general. Since I lost the receipt, I shall not broadcast the name of the shop. But that incident remains a fact, at least to me and my friend who was with me. To be frank, I am not going to forget that shop and the incident; those $$ meant much to me in my younger days as a working student.

Back to the topic, although the above incident happened to me, that doesn't mean anything with reference to the OP. But my comment is only with reference to what theory_87 posted, to highlight the general idea of "buyer beware". I agree that if the OP doesn't have proof, then no point in guessing. Online comments can be subjected to lawsuit as we know, and we also know that forum users' real ID can be identified technically speaking.

Seriously, which shop in Singapore dare to price an item more than 3X the original local retail price? Unless they want to close shop, I doubt any shop will do it.

Not 3x the price, but there is another headphone shop at Funan that sold AKG K242HD and K701 for almost double the price of other stores. That was a few months ago, hopefully they have adjusted the price by now.

I have no experience buying stuff from Farle, but from the sticker prices that I see on the boxes, their prices don't seem to be inflated. Perhaps OP got screwed over by a new staff who doesn't know the prices?

Not 3x the price, but there is another headphone shop at Funan that sold AKG K242HD and K701 for almost double the price of other stores. That was a few months ago, hopefully they have adjusted the price by now.

I have no experience buying stuff from Farle, but from the sticker prices that I see on the boxes, their prices don't seem to be inflated. Perhaps OP got screwed over by a new staff who doesn't know the prices?

do agree with kchew, did not have any experience buying things from there, but the price they quote on their sticker are very comparable with competitor lei, is it an misunderstanding? Maybe to prove TS you are right, why not post your purchase receipt and let us see? I am sure many of us, including me are interested to know what's happening.

Seriously, i smell a rat here.

Purposely creating a new account here just to defame farle. I've been a regular customer in farle and I've recommended plenty of friends and people over. Everyone is pleased with farle.

please show evidence else you are just as good as coming in to create trouble.

Just to add a voice to this: I think creating a new account to complain/protest is not unusual. We probably have a lot of lurkers crawling around before they buy and then make themselves known on the forum. Besides, if you think you've been screwed over, but refuse to raise an alarm, that's also something wrong in itself. However, the TS should also be aware that a new member doesn't have a lot of credibility unless there is solid evidence.

There's also something to be said about not doing your homework before making a purchase <_<

Edited by radioactive28

not that I am not giving you the benefit of a doubt

but supposedly they overprice their earphones 3X or 4X

all I can say is willing buyer, willing seller

caveat emptor

they is no elements of foul play on farle's part. Unless they supposedly sell you fake/inferior earphones which you on the other hand pay a hefty sum, then it is worth reporting. Like those merchants in Sim Lim Square for example

otherwise I dont think it is fair to caution other people against on patronizing their store.

Edited by Minicotexx