Sign in to follow this  
rko

Help me with EAC!

hi everyone,

Need help from u guys/gals. Recently decided to start building up a digital archive of my CDs in .flac. Partly due to my dying cdp and that i'm going back school after a 7 year hiatus(no more audio spending). Cant possibly bring the cdp to campus, can i?

Anywayz, i have majority chinese and japanese cds in my library and was trying to use EAC to convert them to .flac files. Problem arise - I cant get EAC to display chinese/japanese tags correctly. After getting information from freeDb, all i get are all those funny characters. Tried adjusting the Vista interface to diaplay chinese characters without luck. Tried with richwin and njstar without luck too.

Was wondering if any guys/gals know how to solve this? Also noticed that the trackid in win media player works like a dream. With album cover, track listing and even composer sometimes even for a 20 year old album. Possible to import tag?

thanks for any help!

I don't know if MP3BookHelper works under Vista, but it can do Unicode and FreeDB.

EAC can't seem to handle Unicode, which is the source of your problems.

You can also try changing Vista's default language handling to Japanese or Chinese. It's not just changing your display to show Japanese or Chinese though. (This is less useful though, since you have to change to JP for JP, and change again for CH.)

Maybe you could check Google for help on this. Or I'll make another post later, when I log into Vista and can detail the exact steps.

perhaps this mght help some ppl, i somehow managed to find a way to tag chinese.

First rip through EAC. Make sure there is some sort of tagging regardless if its readable. After ripping into .flac, use MP3tag to look into freedb again. There is an option in mp3tag that can convert the tag into traditional or simplified chinese.

If freedb dosent have that cd in its database, then its either manual tagging or use winamp to rip. Still trying to find a way to use metaservice or gracnote on EAC. Freedb database on chinese sucks big time compared to gracenote or metaservice.

By the way, i found that alot of my cd have problems ripping through EAC. Apparently, the error seems to indicate that i have damaged cds. Very sad cause i love my cds very much, makes me wonder if i should get new cds again or something.