Anyone using Beats By Dr.Dre Headphones?

7 replies to this topic

#1 emily217

• 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Anyone using Beats By Dr.Dre Headphones?
I've seen the previous headphones threads; I realize that a lot of people here feel that Beats headphones are overpriced. My problem is that I absolutely love them. I think they feel amazing, they're so comfortable and feel luxurious and they are the best sounding headphones that I've ever heard. 
I currently use the Sennheiser HD , and I've seen glowing reviews on them in many DJ forums, but I don't like them. I don't think they sound great and I find them uncomfortable.
I am interested in getting the Beats By Dr.Dre Headphones, not just for DJing , but also for casual listening. I'm posting here only to solicit opinions from those who actually use the Beats By Dr.Dre headphones. If you have a pair, please let me know what you think of them. This is very big purchase for me and I'd like to make an educated decision. 
This site ongoing promotional activities, each consumer will enjoy 50% discount .
***Link removed by Mod - spam***
What do you think? Wish helps and advises! 
Thanks!

Edited by heady, 06 May 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#2 dalethorn

Senior Junkie

• 607 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

Compared to good high fidelity (i.e., neutral, accurate etc.) headphones, the Beats don't measure up. I tested the larger Beats at $300 USD and they had a big lower midrange emphasis that I could not correct with EQ, and the bass was dull. The smaller Beats at $200 USD was no better - they were bassier than the larger Beats, but were very uneven in sound.

Instead of the small beats at $200 I would highly recommend the Vmoda M80, and possibly the new Philips Fidelio M1, and possibly the new B&W P3.

Instead of the large beats at $300, you can get MUCH better sound with almost anything. Shure 940, German Maestro 8.35D, Philips Fidelio L1, Phiaton MS400.
Blue Mic Ella, B&O H4, V-MODA Wireless2, Fischer FA011-AE, Senal SMH1200, DragonFly Red/Oppo HA2 DAC/amps, Lehmann Traveler amp.

#3 nekatrall

Junkie

• 428 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

monster = dont bother
and the link u sent is selling fakes on online store
current rig
(portable rig) cowon s9 + tf10, monoprice 8320
(portable amps) 18v cmoy, O2 amp

(home rig) thinkpad w520 > ssmh > headphones
custom mod headphones in beats body, pioneer se305, goldring dr150 (all 3 with interchangeable wires)
ath-es7 modded 18awg spc, skull candy aviators, creative aurvana live(denon ahd1001 modded), DT48A
with loads of diy wires

(clip on)
Ksc 75, em7, dunu cx 60-II

past love
d2 modded to d2+
fiio e11, a47 amp, creative usb x-fi 5.1
sf5p, tf10p + hand made mil-spec spc,meelec m9, ba200, CIEM (tf10+sf5p)(missing)

#4 dalethorn

Senior Junkie

• 607 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

That must be a reason for most of the spam - fake brands.
Blue Mic Ella, B&O H4, V-MODA Wireless2, Fischer FA011-AE, Senal SMH1200, DragonFly Red/Oppo HA2 DAC/amps, Lehmann Traveler amp.

#5 mbeatstech

• 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

monster beats is good producter,the solo hd,studio i think is suit for young
Like music,Like headphone-beats dr dre headphone.

#6 Agnieszka

• 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

yes,i use beats by dr.dre for almost 1 year,beats headphones have amazing appearance and awesome sound quality!

#7 dalethorn

Senior Junkie

• 607 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostAgnieszka, on 11 September 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

yes,i use beats by dr.dre for almost 1 year,beats headphones have amazing appearance and awesome sound quality!

Um, no they don't. On this headphone forum, it's known that each headphone sounds different. Some are good and some are terrible. Saying that "Beats have awesome sound" identifies you as a spammer, since not every Beats sounds the same, and in fact some are terrible.

#8 gregzed

• 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:56 AM

No not using them myself. I understand a lot of people use them as a fashion accessory but I care about the sound more. I think you can get better sounding headphones for the same price, though I've never owned Beats myself, only tested them.