Kachui

50 Albums that Built Prog Rock

I would think that Who's Next, and Led Zeppelin IV with Stairway to Heaven would be near the top of this list. In 1969, Abbey Road by the Beatles and Let It Bleed by the Rolling Stones were the biggest things of that year by far.

I would think that Who's Next, and Led Zeppelin IV with Stairway to Heaven would be near the top of this list. In 1969, Abbey Road by the Beatles and Let It Bleed by the Rolling Stones were the biggest things of that year by far.

Led IV and Who's Next would surely be in the top "Classic Rock" list...the list above is a list for "Progressive Rock".

Led IV and Who's Next would surely be in the top "Classic Rock" list...the list above is a list for "Progressive Rock".

Isn't that interesting. When KMET Los Angeles and WMMS Cleveland were playing these in the early 1970's they were progressive rock. So this long after the fact, they've now been reclassified as Classic Rock. I wonder what they will be called in, say, 2040 or 2050? Maybe then they will be History Rock, or Ancient Mystery Rock.

Out of this 50 great band. Led Zepplin is the master of all. They are the father of progressive rock from my point of view. Whole lotta love, Immigrant Song all this are like magic spell for music lovers.

Degree Completion

Not only progressive rock, but metal too.